If Words Are But Words

You wanted perfect...

IAN’S POV
I opened my eyes and peered up without moving, I watched Jade playing with my hair and humming that Michael Bublé song, clearly he didn’t know the words. I smiled and shut my eyes again, pretending to be asleep.
“What are you thinking?” I heard Jade ask aloud, I’m guessing he thought I was still sleeping too.
“You” I wanted to reply but I remained silent.
“Oh god” I heard Frank’s voice, it sounded off...shaky or something I don’t know.
“Frank, you alright?” Jade asked, I smirked as I felt his body move as he spoke.
“Uh, I meant oh god as in Oh god, you found him” Frank replied hastily. Why did he care so much anyway?
“Yeah, just wandering around late last night” Jade slumped further as he stretched his legs.
“Oh...” Frank trailed off, he sounded hurt.
When you hear a conversation without actually seeing people it makes it completely different, you have to rely on the tone and expression in people’s voice which is much harder to hide than a smile or frown.
Someone was tracing the cuts on my stomach, I wanted to open my eyes and see who but I wasn’t game, I just wanted to lie here, forever.
“How’d he get those anyway?” Jade asked, sounding concerned. It was cute, his voice when he was concerned sounded scared but still caring and calm.
I waited for Frank’s reply, was he going to tell Jade how much of a psycho I was. Oh god, please don’t, Jade won’t ever talk to me again.
“Um, he fell” Frank replied oddly.
“Fell? What into a rose bush or something?” Jade asked, sounding very doubtful.
“I-I...uh, I don’t know” Frank shrugged off quickly. He always was a terrible liar.
“They look...if you don’t mind me saying, self inflicted” Jade shuffled. There was no reply from Frank, only silence.
Completely stupidly, I rolled onto my other side, shirtless body exposed.
“Sh-t” was all I heard from Jade. I bit my lip but it was still split so blood seeped into my mouth. I instantly wished I’d just stay exactly where I was.
“Can’t tell me that’s from a rose bush” Jade swallowed, shakily pointing to my hip. I peered through my fringe, which had now tumbled over my eyes.
The word ‘perfect’ carved deep into my skin, like a permanent reminder to myself, one that didn’t go away. Like a morning alarm that you couldn’t snooze.

-----------------------------------------
Chapter title and description
from the amazing mind of
Marilyn Manson, the song
is calledaint.