If Words Are But Words

“And you’re our front man?”

FRANK’S POV
The show was good, I loved being able to play to all those kids out there. It was so much fun. Then I saw Ian, leaning against a steel pole [not a stripper pole pervs] holding up one of the merch stands.
“Hey Ian” I smiled as I walked over to him
“Frankie, sup?” he replied, over-sized glasses that looked like he’d stolen from Gerard, perched on nose and covering his eyes...well his eyes and half of his face.
“Not much,” I shrugged
“You were good out there” he said with a smile, watching AFI head on stage.
“Thanks” I blushed. Why was I blushing, my friend told me I played good, no big deal. I turned to the stage so he couldn’t see my red face.
Davey owned that stage, I thought to myself as I watched him strut up and down in front of the crowd.
“Davey’s amazing up there, huh” Ian marveled. I turned to see his face, his jaw was open and he’d now propped the glasses on top of his chocolate-brown hair. His eyes were bright, following Davey across the stage.
“Yeah...he is” I said, trying to sound enthusiastic but it cut me.
Finally I saw Davey exit side stage.
“Hey, I’m gonna go talk to Davey. Wanna come?” Ian asked
“Uh...” I thought for a moment, did I really want to? “Nah, I’m gonna go back to the bus. See ya round, kay”
He smiled and shrugged, “Ok, buhbye”
Did he just say buh-bye? I smiled a little then walked off, I glanced back after a while only to see, in the distance, Ian and Davey laughing and talking away.
I listened to the ground crunch under my white sneakers as I walked back alone to the bus.
“Frankito!” I heard someone shout from the bus, I squinted in the sun, and saw Gerard’s head poking out of the bus window.
I shook me head, “Hey Gee” I replied still squinting from the bright summer sun.
“What’s up?” he asked, head still poking from the window
“Get ya damn head back in the window” I laughed as I stepped into the bus.
“I can’t” he said stiffly.
“You...can’t?” I said slowly, trying not to laugh
“No, see...Bob, he said I couldn’t get my head through the window and” he began but was cut short by Bob.
“But he couldn’t” Bob chuckled
I raised an eyebrow and shook my head, “And you’re our front man?”
“Embarrassing, huh” Mikey said in his usual flat tone.
I couldn’t help but notice it didn’t appear anyone was that concerned our lead singer and best friend’s head was stuck in a window.