Sequel: Danger Zone

Cannibal Red

Red Army

When Adrienne was lying on my cell floor, her back rested against the cold walls, she blinked; then bit her lip.

“How’s Ty?”

I look down at my knees and glare harshly at them, as if they’d done something wrong.

“I don’t know, nobody has told me anything, all I know is that I’m being held hostage for being someone I don’t have any control over.”

It was when I looked back down at Adrienne that I realized that I was standing, up, breathing heavily.

“You discovered hair dye.”

I blink at her, then suddenly realize what she’s talking about.

“Oh, yeah, I’ve been undercover.”

Adrienne whistles. “Dude, very swanky.”

“This isn’t what we’re here for, Adie.”

Adrienne nods. “Sure, but just so you know, you are hot.”

I stare at Adrienne for a moment, amazed that she was being so calm after almost being killed by White Cannibals.

“What’s going on, Adie?”

Adrienne licks her lips and stares up at me, as if feeling pity. “They’re building an army.”

I stare at her, my hands on my hips. “What?”

“Haven’t you wondered why you haven’t been killed yet?”

I blink. “Well, not really, I assumed they needed me for information, I guess.”

Adrienne sinks further down, leaning her head harder on the cold metal walls. “Oh, Lee-Lee. They have all the information they can get, they just don’t know what to do with it.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean,” Adie says, shrugging one shoulder. “that they know who you are, what you’re capable of, but they don’t know how to use you to their advantage.”

I walk back and forth through the room. “How could they use me to their advantage, there aren’t any left of me, it’s not much to use against.”

Adrienne shakes her head. “They want to turn themselves into Red Cannibals, Lee-Lee, they want to build themselves into a Red Army; you’re going to give them that, you’re going to be how they turn themselves.”

“Oh, fuck…Oh, holy fuck.”

I stare at Adrienne, who looked surprisingly calm. “We have to get out of here, Adie.”

Adrienne nods, almost lazily. “Yeah, that too…”

I squint my eyes at her and frown. “Adie?”

“Oh, it’s fine, they just drugged me.”

I roll my eyes at her. “Oh, good…well then.”

I didn’t really think how it’d affect Adrienne’s head at the time, but she looked pretty fucked over anyway, so…err…

I picked her up and smashed her through the glass.