New life, new school, New Jersey.

Mummy please

The sun rose over the deserted city. But once again music filled the air. It poured out of the dusty garage.
“Yes! Yes! Yes!” Gerard cried with glee. “I knew we’d get it!”
“Finally, it feels like we’ve been playing all night.” Sighed Ray placing his guitar back in to its holder and rubbing his aching neck.
“We have.” Bob stressed. “Ten straight hours we’ve been playing.” He stretched.
“Yeah! But think of the rewards.” Charlie added from the small over used, tired couch. Standing up she stretched her arms above her head. As she did her t-shirt slightly lifted and showed her toned and tanned stomach. “Like this one.” She kissed Gerard on the lips. The boys began to fake being sick.
“Now!” Charlie announced after un-locking her lips from Gee’s. “It’s time for breakfast.” The boys placed there instruments down, and ran to the kitchen, accept Gee.
“Gee?”
“Yeah?”
“How have you, like, promoted the band?” Charlie asked fingering Ray’s guitar.
“I haven’t, I don’t really see the need.” Gerard turned to face the girl whose eyes glistened with hope and love, when she looked at him.
“That’s cool. Word-of-the-mouth. What a good way of promoting, or in this case anti-promoting.” They laughed and went in doors to the kitchen.
Later that day, whilst the boys slept the day away on the couch, Charlie grabbed the spare keys to the minivan. A smirk appeared on her face as she entered the van and put the keys in the ignition. It was great to get behind the wheel of a car. Being 17 and driving was wicked, a change from being pulled over by the cops for being too young to drive back in Cardiff. She buckled up and drove to her mother’s work place.
The feel of the wind in her hair and her feet against the metal of the cars pedals thrilled Charlie. The decaying buildings witch made up their community faded into the background as Charlie drove passed. She turned up the volume on the van’s CD player. Charlie gave a small laugh. The type of small laugh that made her feel all warm and happy inside. It was the CD the boys had made up for of a few of their songs to make her feel happier. They’d noticed she’d been a bit down lately and tried to cheer her up, of course it had worked. How she listened to the CD enthusiastically.
She pulled up to a tall new, shinny building. Turning of the car and removing the keys she ran to the receptions desk.
“Hello... Can I help you?” The receptionist smiled a fake smile.
“I’m here to see my mam.”
“Office 9 on floor 13.” She replied in the same fake voice.
“Thanks...How did you know who is my mam if you have never seen me before?” Charlie asked curiously.
“It’s un-mistakable who your mother is with that accent.” Charlie smiled awkwardly at the woman. She walked towards the lift, thinking about what the plastic, make upped doll had just told her. Charlie decided to take it as a complement and carried up to her mother’s office on the thirteenth floor.
As the cheesy lift music played as she ascended, Charlie couldn’t get Gerard’s song out of her head. Even if the lyrics were hers, she still considered the song to completely belong to the band. The way each boy put everything into making sure the audience, be it Charlie or a group at a club, feel part of history, the boys rocked the stage as if it was their first and last show. It blew Charlie away thinking of how surprised they would be if her mother said yes to... Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud ding and a heavy clang of the lift doors opening.
She walked along the small corridor counting the doors in till she came to her mother door. She knocked the door lightly hoping not to disturb her mam from any work she was in the middle of doing.
“Come in.” The familiar voice came from behind the white door. Even though Charlie couldn’t see through the door the light shined threw from every angle of the building creating her mum’s shadow on the wall next to the door. Charlie lightly and slowly pushed the door open. It didn’t make a noise as it opened, which was strange because every door in their house did. Sat behind a modern glass desk was her mother. She was typing something into a computer when Charlie managed to finally see her mum after opening the door. Sam turned her head from the computer to the young girl at her door.
“Charlie? ... What a nice surprise. But what are you doing here?” Sam looked at her daughter suspiciously.
“You know you love me...” Same knew in an instant that sentence only ever meant one thing – mummy please can I have.
“What is it this time?” Sam asked un-surprised.
“As your job consists of publicizing bands could you please, please, please publicize my chemical romance. The boys are desperate for somewhere new and exciting to perform, not just Juicy down town all the time. Could you please?” Charlie looked at her mother with hopeful eyes.
“Oh okay. I can’t say no to that face can I now.” Charlie nearly knocked her mum of her chair when she jumped to hug her.
“Thanks mam! You are so totally the best mam in the world.”Charlie stood back up. She left a copy of her CD on her mum’s desk. “Thank you so much the boys are gonna be so happy.” Charlie went to walk out when her mother collared her.
“How did you get here? You didn’t take the minivan did you?” Sam looked at Charlie for any sign of a lie.
“I took the subway.” Charlie smiled and left for the lift.