New life, new school, New Jersey.

What a way to start the day

(Just to let you know Charlie and her mother have moved to America in the time gap since the last chapter)

With a sodden buzzing of the alarm Charlie woke up dazed and drowsy. Moving her long, black, messy hair from her face, she realized the time flashing on the clock face.
"Shit!" She exclaimed falling out of bed. She scrabbled to her feet and turned the alarm off. Rushing around she found her black drainpipes, her slim fit Green Day t-shirt, and her favourite black zipped hooey. She ran down the stairs and shouted to her Mum.
"I'll grab some food in school mum, I'm late enough anyway." Placing on her converse at the bottom of the stairs, she awaited a reply.
"Mum?" No reply. That was strange, usually her mother was their ready to see her off, or give her a lift. Not looking where she was walking, Charlie walked towards the new bright, white kitchen, still not looking; Charlie tripped and fell over her own silly bag. As she fell she managed to catch her head on one of the kitchen units, creating a small gash on her forehead.
"Aw" Placing her hand to her head she felt the warm liquid substance that slowly revelled itself. Looking at her blood stained hand she got up off the floor, placed her black, pin stricken canvas bag over her shoulder, washed her hand and made her way to the bus stop.
' What a way to start the day! ' She thought to her self, reaching the bus stop. Looking onwards at her stood the rest of the young people. The chavs and cheerleaders. Just in the nick of time the stereotypical, yellow school bus reached them. Piling on the chavs and cheerleaders went, leaving Charlie last. Taking the first step in her stride she entered the unknown. The bus fell silent at the look of the new girl. Charlie was intimidated. What was to happen next was a mystery to her.
"I'm kinda' new and I don't know weather i gotta' pay or what." The driver looked at her suspiciously,
"It's just a dollar!" He replied unsympathetically in his high-pitched American voice. Charlie fumbled in her bag for her Jack Skeleton purse. Charlie was to busy fumbling in her bag to notice the boy sitting at the back of the bus staring at her with a different emotion to the others.
"What a freak." Wisped the boy sitting next to him. Moving his brown curly locks from his face he nudged the black haired boy sat next to him. He laughed along with the other three boys who sat either side of the black haired boy.
After finally placing her money in the machine Charlie took her seat. There was only one available where no one ells sat. It was one away from the back. Still not noticing anyone Charlie sat down relived. She placed her headphones in her ears.
The bus arrived at its destination. The sardines of students flopped off the bus and spread to their usual spots. Charlie being the last, watched as they pointed and stared. Taking a deep breath she held her head high and walked up to the tower of a school. New Jersey High was a lot higher than her last school. It made Charlie feel a little bit more nervous than she all ready did. And she was really nervous all ready. She entered the labyrinth of a school, looking for anything that looked remotely like an office where she could get help. The long wide, pale corridors seemed to go on forever with out any glimpse they would stop. Luckily there was a door at the end of the corridor. Hoping the bell wouldn’t ring she walked faster…but the bell rang. The doors opened and a multicoloured flood of student’s made their way towards her. Before she knew it, she’d been swept away by the moving sea of students. Reaching her, the movement made Charlie fall to the floor. Nobody made an effort to help her of her knees. Yet again she scrabbled to her feet and walked into the office. Upon opening the door a boy came running threw.
“Move it or lose it baby!” He said pushing Charlie out of the way. Charlie looked at the boy. His hair was black as the night and he wasn’t very tall, but tall enough to tower over her. His legs were a blur as he ran down the quietening hall shouting the same phrase.
“You’ll fide they’re all like that here.” Interrupted a strong masculine voice from the inside of the office. She looked at who had lost her trail of thought.
“Hi I’m principle Saunders, your new principle.” The principle looked down at the girl who obviously only liked to wear black and offered to shake her hand. They both shook hands, though it was obvious that the girl was nervous.
“There’s a famous writer from Wales whose name is Saunders.” Charlie only realized after what she had said. This made her want to kick her self for making a fool out of her self.
“Yea. I heard he was a great influence on many a welsh poets and writers.” Charlie stood shocked. Were on earth would you find an American who knew about Welsh history?
“Can I let you in on a secret?” Charlie not quiet sure weather to say yes, nodded.
“I looked it up on the internet.” They both laughed. Her old headmaster (principle) was a sour grape, and would never admit he was wrong in a million years.
“Right lets get you off to class. What was your name again?”
“Charlotte, but my friends call me Charlie.”
“O.k. Charlie lets go.” There was something strange about this teacher, she thought as they made their way to her new class. It was probably her. Charlie thought anyone nice was creepy to start, in till she knew more about him or her.