New life, new school, New Jersey.

Class clown

Charlie stood at the top of the class feeling every stare pierce her like flying daggers.
“This is Charlotte, She’s new here. Charlotte would you like to tell us a bit about your self?” The woman sat perched at the end of her desk like a yellow budgie. Her summer dress came just above her knees making it visible to see her silky smooth brown legs.
“Um… I’m from Wales… it’s the country next to England… My friends call me Charlie ‘cos I don’t know why…my mum and me moved here just a couple of days ago so she could start her new job as a publicist.” Charlie said slowly trying not to give away that she didn’t like these people. Slowly a hand rose in the air.
“Yeas Jean?”
“What dose your mom publicise?” All eyes were yet again on her
“I don’t know” Charlie looked at the teacher wishing her to let her go to her seat.
“Take a seat.” Charlie spotted a seat not to far from the back, but far enough away from the front; just as she went to sit the chair was pulled from underneath her. Causing poor Charlie to fall to the floor with a bump. The class swelled with the sound of laughter. Charlie stood up, dusted her self and walked to the back of the class.
The teacher turned and began to write on the white board, just as the class room door swung open.
“Sorry I’m late miss, my car only totally just broke down on me.” The blond girl sat down where Charlie had once sat. Sitting down her skirt was so short that you couldn’t miss her pink thong.
“Right now that’s everyone will you all pull out pen and paper and Mikey will you hand out copies of Romeo and Juliet please.” Charlie looked at the boy passing out the books. She knew his face. Where did she know him? Then like a tone of bricks it hit her. Mikey was the less mannered boy who ran out in front of her in front of the principles office. He smiled at her as he handed her the book. She smiled back.
“Ta!”
“Chelsea you’re Juliet and Billie Romeo.”
As the class read Charlie began to write. She didn’t pay attention to anything around her only her inner thoughts that poured on to the paper so easily.
“Charlotte?!” The teacher complained.
“I can see you’re very enthusiastic to write, maybe you could as enthusiastic to read what you’ve just written?” Charlie sat still staring at the teacher. She’d never read out any of her work and she didn’t fel she wanted to start.
“NOW! Please” Sternly the teacher provoked. Taking a deep breath in Charlie looked at the paper and began to read:
“There’s a place in the dark, were the animals go, you can take of your skin, in the cannibal glow, Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands, drop the dagger and ladder the blood on your hand Romeo.” She finished. The class sat in silent sickness staring at her.
“Maybe you could leave your very colourful writing for creative writing club.” The teacher let the class carry on. Charlie relaxed just in time for the bell.