New life, new school, New Jersey.

First kiss

“Come on over here!” Charlie suggested to Gerard who was still confused on where she’d gone. He walked to the cupboard/ closet. There at the top of a set of ladders Charlie was looking down.
“Come on up don’t be shy.” Gerard laughed at this remark there was now way he was shy. He was driven by instinct. He climbed to ladders and came in to a smaller room above the first room.
“Welcome to my paradise, my little piece of Wales here in America.” Gerard had never seen anything like it before. All the walls except one were covered in black paint and white writing. On the one wall, which was not covered, was a map of what he gathered to be Wales. There were all these important landmarks being pointed out on it.
“Your book is around here somewhere.” Charlie had begun looking in a pile of books on the side of a long black couch. She had to bend over to find them, as she couldn’t reach them standing. Gerard’s eyes moved from the wall to a round, shapely bum floating in the air. It was Charlie’s.
“Got it!” Came a voice from behind the sofa. Standing up she gave Gerard his book.
“What’s all the writing on the walls? My mum would go crazy if I did this.” Gerard became intrigued by the answer.
“Notes, memories, lyrics from songs, mostly my own lyrics… you see it’s black board paint so I can write on it with chalk.”
“You write?” Gerard said trying to act surprised.
“Yep…promise you won’t laugh?”
“Promise” Charlie moved in between the sofa and a little side table, and began to read what was written on the wall.
“When I was a young boy my father took me into the city to see a marching band.”
“Hay that’s pretty good.” He smiled at her.
“Thanks…Do you wanna write something…since you are the first person I’ve had up here.”
“Sure.” Charlie passed him the chalk. He stood opposite her next to the small table and began to write. There wasn’t much room between them but they both liked it that way.
“He said son when you grow up would you be the saviour of the broken the beaten an the dammed.” He placed the chalk on the table behind him and looked at Charlie. He hadn't realized before how beautiful her eyes were. They were like looking in to a deep dark pool of emotion and soul. He liked that.
Staring in to Gerard’s eyes was like watching time pass by for everyone but them. His passion, pain and sorrow bore through in to her as she stared longer. She hadn’t noticed his lips before. They were perfect and so inviting, as she looked longer at him. How could she resist?
Gerard couldn’t resist anymore. Neither could Charlie. It was now or never. He pulled her closer and she placed her hands on his manly shoulders.
This was it, Charlie thought. They’d only known each other a day and all ready emotion were on a high. Finale after waiting their lips became one. The moment was one of passion. Charlie felt like she was in heaven. Had she died and gone there or was this really happening? This was a first for Gerard to. He usually waited at lest another hour or so before kissing a girl for the first time. But hay it was instinct and he loved it. It felt like time had stood still for the two star crossed lovers. But unfortunately it hadn’t.
Reality set in with a madly chosen ring tone. It was Gerard’s mobile/ cell. He tried so to ignore it but it didn’t work. Their lips parted and they let go of each other.
“Hello? … Dude no way! … Getting it! … Nothing! … Shut it Mikey! … O.k. bye!” He closed his phone and buried it deep within his trousers pocket. They laughed.
“The boys were wondering if you wanted to come see us play to morrow night?” Gerard’s eyes were full of hope, wishing the answer would be yes.
“Sure. Sounds cool.” He smiled at Charlie.
They made their way back down to the front door. Sanding on the porch Gerard finished his sentence.
“I’ll pick you up around eight.” He kissed her on the cheek, walked to the end of the path and saluted her.