New life, new school, New Jersey.

Let go now before reality sets in.

Charlie rushed around. She had to look her best. This was the first guy she’d liked that felt the same way. She looked at the clock n the mantle piece above the fireplace. It was seven o’clock. She had only one shoe on when the doorbell rang.
“I’ll get it!” Charlie said hopping to the door, but her mother got their first. Charlie fel to the floor, after loosing her balance to the other shoe she was trying to put on at the time.
“I’m o.k.” She stood up.
“Don’t be late o.k.”
“Mum!” Charlie walked out the porch.
“Ready?” Gerard asked. Charlie nodded.
“I hope you don’t mind but were gonna’ have to take the mini van.” Charlie looked at the van it was tired looking. There were all sorts of graphite over it with three words standing out in the middle of one of the side’s. ‘My Chemical Romance’ was the words. They were written in black with white highlights.
“So that’s the name of this band.” Gerard nodded. Charlie felt stupid stating the obvious.
“Let’s go.” Jumping in the front of the van, Bob began the engine. Frank, Mikey and Ray were all in the back.
The van pulled up behind a club. It was hidden well away in the corner of the their small town.
“I didn’t even know about this place.” Charlie said climbing out of the van. The entrance was tattered and rotting away. Mikey, ray and Frank pulled their instruments from the back of the small van.
“We’ve got a special something for you tonight.” Charlie looked at Gerard’s chiselled face with excitement.
“But you’ll have it a bit later.” Bob led the way in to the back entrance to the club followed by Ray, Frank and then Mikey. Gerard grabbed hold of Charlie’s hand and then led her into the club.
By ten the club was full of young people waiting to see Gerard play, and the rest of the band of course. The tables in the bar had bean moved to another room to make room for the mosh pit. Charlie was excited, she couldn’t weight. Not only did she get to see all her newfound friend become the new big thing but she also had a present on the way.
“And now lady and gents your favourite band, you’ve weighted all night… My Chemical Romance!!” The crowd roared with excitement along with Charlie who’s scored front row.
“Hay we are My Chemical Romance and were gonna’ kick off with a classic.” Gerard nodded at Mikey and the band began to play. Charlie didn’t know what to expect but the emotion that came from Gerard and the song was unbelievable. Every time Gerard san he seemed to be singing for the first and the last time. It was inspiring.
“We’re gonna’ play out with a new tune just for you guys.” Gerard winked at Charlie. She became confused on what was going on but was happy Gerard noticed her. Frank and Ray began playing along with Bob who joined in a bit later with Mikey. Gerard began to sing: -
“Well if you wanted honesty that’s all you had to say I never wanted to let you down.” Charlie stopped jumping at the realization of the lyrics. Charlie couldn’t believe it. She made her way out of the crowd and out of the club.
“I’m not o.k.” Gerard noticed that Charlie had left and he quickly wrapped up the song.
“See ya’ll next time.” He saluted the faithful audience who roared and clapped with appreciation. The boys unplugged their instruments and left the stage.
If only she knew the way home. Charlie couldn’t believe it. Why? Why had he red it? That book was personal, privet and confidential. That meant it was for her only unless she said other wise. She had thought he was a decent lad especially after their kiss yesterday.
“Oh god…why?” She pleaded.
“Why?” Charlie couldn’t take it any more. Her face became stained with tears of deceit. She tried wiping them away but the just wouldn’t leave her face.
“Charlie?” Gerard left the boys behind and ran beside Charlie whose obvious dislike of the song distressed him.
“Go away I’m not talking to you!” Charlie started walking down a street not knowing where she was going. Gerard followed not to far behind. He didn’t want her getting lost.
“We should leave ‘em to it” Ray said placing his guitar in the back of the van safely.
“But I wanna know what goes on.” Bob said with a puppy dog look mocking Ray.
“Shut it man!” Ray punched him in the arm.
“Charlie just stop! … Look will you stop? … We need to talk.” She stopped and turned to face Gerard.
“Talk about what? How you used and abused the fact that you had my book and them humiliated me in front of a bunch of kids I don’t even know?” Her anger subsided to the upset feeling in her throat.
“Do you know what I feel so stupid now thinking that kiss actually meant something! …I was so wrong!”
The boys turned at the mention of a kiss.
“They did what?” Mikey was in such shock that you thought his bottom jaw was about to hit the floor.
“Oh! Oh! …Let me see.” Frank moved his hair from his face to see.
“Do you think I’d have kissed you if it hadn’t meant anything? I don’t go around kissing people just because I fel like it you know.”
“O.k. enough about the kiss.”
“Ohhh” Mikey, Ray, Frank and Bob all said together.
“I liked the kiss o.k. The kiss was fantastic. The kiss is what’s stopping me from slapping you right now… It’s the fact that you looked in my book…without even asking.”
“What about the song on your wall?”
“Its just gibberish. It doesn’t have any meaning.”
“So we have no meaning?”
“Don’t say that… You know that’s not true.”
“Then why are we still fighting?” Gerard asked uselessly.
“I don’t know? … I just don’t know.” Charlie gave up. Bob cut the silence short.
“Look it wasn’t Gee who looked in your book… It was me.”
“Yea me too.” Frank admitted.
“Yea and it was me who copied the lyrics.” Mikey said looking all innocent and hopples.
“They were to good to let pass we had to have them.”
“I’m sorry Gee… Its just that they have a lot of feelings and emotions behind them and I’ve never shown anybody them before.”
“It’s o.k.” Gerard hugged Charlie, Who hugged him back. He wiped he cheeks, which were still wet from before.
Charlie kissed Gerard to make up for her mistake.
“Ohhh!” The boys teased. Charlie threw her bottle at them.