New life, new school, New Jersey.

Silly little song

The sun shone down on the sticky students who hustled and bustled through their lunch brake. Upon a grassy hill lay four slim black haired lads.
“Yo guys, what’s up?” Gerard sat down beside the boys.
“Nothing much… Just writers block.” Gerard laughed
“It aint funny this report is due tomorrow” From behind, a kiss was placed on Gerard’s cheek.
“Hay baby. Love me for I am me!” Charlie giggled and sat next to Gee on the lushes green grass.
“Why oh why am I so stupid?” Mikey pleaded
“It’s those glasses. I find if you take them off the mind can breath and all sorts of ideas come flowing threw.” Everyone laughed except Mikey who just frowned.
“Only joking… what’s it on?”
“The depression of a suicide victim.”
“Do it from the point of view of the suicide-e and how life is after death.”
“Thanks.” Mikey began writing. Charlie turned to Gerard who was staring in to mid air.
“Hay you got any songs for that gig on Wednesday?” Gerard smiled. The boys, realizing where the conversation was going, sat up.
“You mean?” Charlie nodded.
“You can have ‘em… why should I keep the fear of striking a wrong cord keep me from playing guitar? …I did some thinking since last week, and you were write to make my lyrics in to a song and I’m glad you did now… one thing did make me wonder though.”
“What?” all five said in unison.
“How you managed to learn the song and write the music all in one night?” The boys laughed.
“That is for us to know and you to find out.” The all laughed at their secret.
“In that case then…” Charlie stood holding a piece of paper in front of the boys.
“You don’t want this!” She dangled the piece of paper in their faces like meat in front of lions. The boys jumped to their feet.
“Give, give, give!” Ray said reaching for the piece of paper.
“What’s the magic word?” Charlie laughed at the boys she had them at the tip of her fingers- in a good way.
“Now!” The boys went running after her as Charlie ran to. Mikey grabbed her by the waist, Bob grabbed her legs, and Frank and Ray her arms.
“Get it Gee!” The boys laughed as they held her there. Charlie had the piece of paper in her mouth.
“Let’s trade.” Gee took the paper and ran, the boys followed. Charlie ran after them. Surprisingly for a short person she could run quiet fast. Charlie had forgotten the reason why she didn’t very often run- her ankle. As she ran her right ankle gave way and sent her crashing to the floor.
“Oh… Shit.” Charlie grabbed her ankle.
The boys had stopped running as they were out of breath
“Where… is…Charlie…Gee?” Asked Ray in between gulps of air. Gerard looked back to see Charlie holding her foot on the floor not to far down the field.
“There.” He pointed and went over followed by the out of breath boys.
“You o.k.?” Gee had never dealt with girl friend hurting them self’s so didn’t know how to deal with this situation.
“I’m fine… can you help me up I should be able to walk.” They helped her up, but as she went to walk she fel again. Luckily for her Bob, Ray, Mikey and Frank were there to catch her before she fel.
“Nurse?” Charlie asked not looking forward to the answer. The boys all nodded. She moaned. Charlie hated anything to do with hospitals and a school nurse was no exception.
“Do we have to? Honestly I’m fine.”
“Don’t be stupid.” Gee placed his hand around her waist. Charlie placed her hand on his shoulder.
At the nurse’s office Charlie sat awaiting the nurse, along with Gee.
“You know they say you should always keep legs elevated.” Gerard smiled.
“Really?” He nodded and placed Charlie’s leg over his. Charlie ran her hand through Gerard’s dark, black shiny hair.
“I love your hair.” He smiled, and she lent in
“Where’s the end of that barging you were dealing with me earlier?”
“Here.” They Kissed. Yet again, Charlie’s hart fluttered. What was wrong with her lately nobody had ever made her fel this way before.
Her lips felt write against his. The strange thing was he actually felt happy. But why was he still taking those pills?