My Babylon

With a Heart I'd undo ye if I might

*Mack’s POV*
This silly thing is getting out of hand. The council meeting will start soon and I am not ready. I don’t believe that Baby can help prove my innocence. The problem is, I don’t know how to. I can’t remember where I was, this ALWAYS happens. When I catch the monster framing me I will KILL him!!!!
.
.
.
.
“Meeting is in session.” John said, sitting back in his seat.
Every eye turned to Mack.
“I have not done the things I have been accused of. I cannot prove it, but I ask you, as my father’s father’s friends and my most trusted advisors, I beg you to give me time to discover whom this traitor is.”
“How can we expect to comply, for all we know you will turn around and run the first chance you get.” John said, gesturing to one of the advisors.
“I… I…. You will have to take my word as a blood descendent of Babylon’s First King. ”
“And what does your word MEAN in this day and age? No one bothers to obey the Old Laws of Babylon.” One of the advisors said jumping to his feet angrily.
“I assure you, I will keep my word. Ask anyone, I obey the Old Laws of Babylon. I am a man of my word.” Mack replied, gesturing for the advisor to seat his self.
“Mack, while I do believe in your word, I believe that some of your… advisors… would be more comfortable if they had something to bind you to your word.” John said.
“And what would you like to do, in order to bind me to my word, collateral?” Mack asked, gesturing to his watch.
“How about something a little more… drastic?” one of the advisors said, gesturing to his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry took so long for an update, been REALLY busy.
Well, I'm still interested in this story (*gasp!!!*)
I've given it a bit more of a twist... kinda got the idea from Ironman
You woun't find out what I mean until later, though some of ye little peeps may be catching on....

well, hope you liked it, comments make me HAPPY