Get Your Gun and Meet Me by the Door

Rescue

I ran into the police station on a Friday night. It was raining and when I entered I had become soaked. The woman behind the desk in front of me looked at me in shock. I'm sure I was a sight. My hair a wet mess. My makeup running down my face. My eyes slightly bloodshot.

"Are you alright?" the woman asked, jumping out of her chair. I let out a sob.

"M-my mom," I sputtered. "She's d-dead."

"Oh dear," the women said. "I'll be right back."

The women rushed into a room behind the desk. I smirked and pulled out the gun I had hidden inside my jacket, fully loaded. A police officer rushed out of the office and as soon as he saw that I had a gun pulled out and pointed it at him, he stopped and held up his hands.

"Ma'am," he said. "I have to ask you to put down the gun."

"I'm sorry," I said. "I can't do that."

I pulled the trigger, the bullet flying out of the end of the gun and lodging itself in the police officer's head, blood splattering everywhere. I pointed the gun at the woman who had come out of the office after the police officer. She was shaking and trembling.

"Please," she begged. "Don't kill me."

"Tell me how to get to the holding cells," I said. Trembling she pointed down the hallway.

"G-go down that hallway and then go through the door on the left," she said.

"The keys?" I said.

Crying and trembling, the women pointed to the key ring on the dead officer's belt. I smiled and grabbed the keys, keeping my gun pointed at the women.

"Thank you," I said, smiling at her. "Are there any other officer's here?"

"There's some guards in the holding cell area," she said.

"Thanks again," I said. I pulled the trigger and the bullet pierced her chest. She fell to the floor. "You've been a great help."

I stepped over the two bodies and headed down the hallway. When I got to the last door on the left, I glanced through the small window and saw a guard sitting at a desk, reading a newspaper and drinking some coffee. I looked at the door handle. Figuring the door was probably locked. I looked at the keys on the key ring in my hand. They were all labeled. I picked the key that seemed to be the best choice and pushed it carefully into the keyhole. I turned it and heard a click. Perfect. I pulled the door open and pulled out the key. Before the guard could even figure out what was going on, I shot him. I smiled as blood fell to the floor. I could get used to this. There was one more door, which I easily unlocked and opened. I had found the holding cells. I looked in each one as I passed. They were all basically empty. A few held occupants. I finally came to the one I was looking for.

"I came to rescue you," I said, holding up the key ring and jingling the keys. I smiled at the man behind the bars.

"It's about time," Frank said, smiling back at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!
~Sally