Get Your Gun and Meet Me by the Door

Confusing

When I was 8 months pregnant, I found myself in the living room, flipping lazily through a magazine, the TV on for background noise. I hadn't been paying attention until I heard something that made me nervous.

"Are your neighbors murderers?" said the anchorman of the local newstation. "Tune into the channel 4 news tonight at 10 to find out."

I ripped my eyes from my magazine and looked at the TV screen which was now showing a commercial for laundry detergent. I could only hope that that was a hypothetical question and not anything that had to do with Frank or me. I felt sick. I only had a month till the baby was due. This couldn't happen now. It shouldn't happen at all. I knew for sure that I was going to be sick. I stood up, my magazine falling off my lap, and wattled as fast as I could to the bathroom before dropping down in front of the toilet and emptying my stomach. I was still in the bathroom when Frank came home.

"Iris?" he called.

"I-In the bathroom," I called out, my voice sounding weak. I heard footsteps in the hallway before the bathroom door was pushed open gently. Frank peeked in with a worried look on his face.

"Are you ok?" he asked. I felt my eyes water and shook my head. Frank pushed the door open more and came into the bathroom to kneel down beside me. He rubbed my back gently. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head and closed my eyes.

"I'm worried," I finally choked out.

"Worried about what?" Frank asked.

"What they're going to show on the news," I said.

"Why are you worried about that?" Frank asked.

"That anchorman asked 'Do you live next door to murderers?'," I said. "I'm worried that we've been found."

"Let's not worry about it," Frank said, trying to sound reassuring, but I saw his face whiten slightly. I just nodded my head, not able to stop from worrying. Frank helped me off of the bathroom floor and led me back out to the living room. I sat on the couch and watched as Frank stood and stared at my stomach for a moment.

"I'm sorry," he finally said.

"Sorry for what?" I asked. Frank just shook his head.

"Nothing," he said flatly, before looking me in the eyes blankly. He left the room suddenly, leaving me very confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sure this is confirming certain people's thoughts..lol
Comments?
~Sally