Get Your Gun and Meet Me by the Door

Can't Help It

"Do you know where you want to go yet?" I asked. We were laying on the bed eating junk food, my head resting on Frank's stomach. The TV was on, the volume low for a little background noise.

"No," Frank said. I glanced up at Frank and saw his eyes locked on the screen of the TV. I just rolled my eyes and stared at the TV screen as well. Some sitcom was on, but it didn't catch my interest.

"Can we watch something else?" I asked, looking back up at Frank. He looked at me and smiled.

"No," he said. I sighed and Frank laughed at me. I was bored. There is nothing to do here.

I sat up and got off the bed.

"Where are you going?" Frank asked, watching me as I put my shoes on.

"I'm going to find something to do," I said.

"Ok," Frank said. I moved to the motel room door.

"I'll be back in a little bit," I said, opening the door.

"Hey," Frank said, as I started to close the door. I stopped.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Be careful," he said. I smiled at him before closing the door all the way.

--------------------------------------------------

I went to a book store, thinking I'd find something to read. I walked around the little store, carefully reading the book titles, looking for something interesting. I picked up a few books, reading the back quickly, before placing it back where I had gotten it from. Sighing, I left the store, not able to find anything of interest. I decided to just walk through the town for a little bit before returning to the motel. Many people glanced at me as I walked by. I kept my eyes on the sidewalk in front of me. I felt like they knew what I had done. I hated to admit it, but part of me felt guilty for killing those people, even though I had been able to free Frank. I turned around and headed back to my car, and drove slowly back the motel.

-------------------------------------------------

When I got back, I took off my shoes, and curled up on the bed next to Frank. He looked at me.

"You ok?" he asked. I nodded my head. He looked at me for a moment. "I keep forgetting you're younger than me. You're only 18..God."

"You're only 22," I said. "That's not much older."

"True," he said. He leaned forward, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. He rested his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes. "Everything will be fine."

I found it hard to believe, but I just forced a smile and nodded. I couldn't help but worry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. I'll try and write a chapter that's a bit longer soon.
Comments?
~Sally