Get Your Gun and Meet Me by the Door

Detour

Later that night, we watched the news. Again, no mention of us.

"I think we should head out again tomorrow," I said when it was done.

"Why?" Frank asked.

"Just to stay ahead of the game," I said smiling. "It wouldn't hurt to get further away."

"I guess you're right," Frank said. "Where are we going to go next?"

"I don't know," I said. "We'll just drive for a while and stay at another motel till we decide what we want to do."

"Ok," Frank said. I leaned over the edge of the bed and turned off the only lamp in the room. I cuddled into Frank's side and closed my eyes. "Iris?"

"Yeah," I murmured.

"What if we just changed our names or something?" Frank said. " We could stay in the states."

"It would be a good idea," I said. "It'd just be wierd to have different names."

"Yeah," Frank said. I felt Frank brush his lips softly over my forehead. "Good night."

"Night," I said.

------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, after Frank and I had both showered, we were getting ready to leave. When I returned to the car after returning our room key, I saw Frank leaning against the car, smiling at me. I smiled back.

"What?" I said, when he kept smiling.

"I want to ask you something," Frank said.

"Yeah," I said. I was standing in front of him now, and he grabbed a hold of both of my hands. He brought one of my hands up to his mouth and kissed the back of it.

"Will you marry me?" Frank asked. I stared at him.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said, smiling. "I love you, Iris."

I smiled at him and leaned forward kissing him softly.

"Then, yes," I murmured, my lips still touching his. Frank released my hands and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I will marry you."

Frank pulled me closer to him, and kissed me deeply. Pulling away slowly, we smiled at each other before getting quietly into the car. I pulled out into the road and we drove in silence. I felt amazingly happy at the moment.

"So," said Frank, breaking the silence after a little while. "When do you want to get married?"

"As soon as possible," I said, looking quickly at him and smiling. He smiled back.

"Let's take a detour to Las Vegas, then," Frank said.

"It'll have to be a quick detour," I said.

"Then let's go," he said. Frank pulled out a map and started giving me directions. I could tell he had already planned this out.

"When did you plan all this?" I asked.

"When you went to town for a little while," he said.

"Oh," I said, smiling. "I love you so much, Frank."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??

New story if you're interested-->Click. It will feature Brendon Urie.

~Sally