You Are My Mountain, You Are My Sea.

2

~Ed's POV~
I stood up from on top of Alex, refastening my belt buckle as I went. I heard him stand up after me.
'Well, explain then...' Dan said hesitantly, as though he was dreading our answers. I picked up my shirt and passed Alex his before pulling mine back over my head. I straightened it out, noticing Alex blush slightly.
'We probably should have said before...' I stuttered, exhanging nervous glances with Alex. He reached out his left hand, so I took it with me right.
By now, Dan had a suitably bemused look on his face.
'You two?' He asked, looking from me to Alex and then back again several times. We nodded. I heard childish giggles and turned to Teddy and Ali.
'Gay boys!' Ali laughed in a stupid little sing-song voice. Alex looked at me and I saw his blue eyes brim with tears. He let my hand go and ran off, tears beginning to fall from his eyes. I shot a glare at Ali and Teddy.
'Nice work.' I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. I ran after Alex and skidded to a halt outside his bedroom door. I gently pushed the door open and saw he was sobbing on his bed. I shut the door quietly behind me, making sure it was locked. There was no way I was letting those immature idiots hurt him again. No way in hell. I sat down next to him and whispered 'Alex babe,it's me.' He lifted his head and I noticed that his tears had dragged eyeliner down his cheeks.
'Come here.' I said, pulling him into what I hoped was a comforting embrace. He sobbed into my chest, his tears gradually soaking through my thin shirt.
'They hate us, don't they?' He asked, his voice shaking. I stroked his arm lightly and kissed the top of his head.
'No they don't, they just need to get used to it...' I said back, hoping with all my heart that they would accept it.
'Alex! Ed! Let me in!' Dan hollered, his voice drifting through the door along with the racket of him slamming his fists against the door.
'Are we gonna?' I asked Alex, still stroking his arm. I felt him nod and he pulled himself up from my chest. I went and opened the door to Dan, taking him by surprise, so much so that he nearly hit me in the chest.
'Get in.' I said, pulling him into the room and locking the door again before he had time to protest. I sat back down next to Alex and he stood near the door, still looking bemused.
'Why didn't you say...?' He asked hesitantly.
'Because we didn't know how you'd take it.' Alex said, tears still pouring over his cheeks. I put my arm around him and he cried into my shoulder. Dan sighed and patted him gently on the back.
'I'll try and talk some sense into Ted and Ali, but I'm not promising.' He said, twisting the key in the lock and opening the door.
'Thanks,' I said, smiling weakly 'It means a lot that you accept it.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to VickyMinor for making me remember this *hugs*