Status: On Hiatus (Sadly....)

You Saved me in the Moonlight

Someone to be Admired

"Uncle! Uncle!" Kevin yelled. Surprisingly, Nick had him in a chokehold while sitting on Joe's back, pinning them both down sucessfully. I, however, had thrown up a white flag five minutes prior to this, and was now watching/reffing the madness from the sidelines (a.k.a: the couch). Somehow, the pillows had been thrown aside and I was now reffing an all-out wrestling match.

"Three.... two.... one. Nicholas Jonas is the winner!!" I called, smiling. Nick let go of Kevin and got off of Joe, and immediately the two came over to me and started complaining about how Nick "cheated".

"Guys, it's no use." Nick said over his shoulder, pulling out four bottles of water from the fridge. "I won, fair and square. And if there's any doubt in your minds that I didn't, well...." He grinned, handing me a water bottle and sitting in the spot next to me, "I'm always up for a rematch."

The complaints were silenced after that, and both quietly drank out of their bottles with sullen expressions.

"Well, I must admit, Nick," I said, turning to him, "this is a side of you I never expected to see."

He grinned and scratched the back of head in an embarrassed way. "Yeah, I guess I am a little competitive...."

"A little?!" Joe scoffed from the floor.

Nick's grin broadened, but he said nothing.

Just then, a phone rang. Kevin reached into his pocket and pulled out a cell phone. "Yeah?" He spoke into it, then listened intently. I gave Nick a questioning look.

"Probably something about tonight's concert." He shrugged.

There was a silence. I fidgeted, debating on whether or not I should ask Nick a personal question that could be too personal. He took notice of my fidgeting. "Do you need something?" He asked.

"Um... well, I...." I started. He looked puzzled.

Come on, Erica, you can do it!

I took a deep breath and tried again. "I wanted.... to ask you something."

"Go ahead." His expression was carefully arranged into what appeared to be a warm smile, but I could see that he was a bit nervous, too.

"Well, I wanted to ask you... how you deal with diabetes and yet still do things with your brothers like wrestling on the floor."

He smiled, genuinely this time, and began, his eyes looking past me. "Well, I decided a long time ago that I was not going to let this bring me down. That I was going to conquer it and not be made into a victim. That I was going to live out my life how I chose." He refocused on me. "Does that make sense?"

WHAM.

A pillow smacked right into the back of Nick's head. He turned around slowly. Behind him was Joe, armed with a huge Nerf gun that was fully loaded and a equally huge grin. "Ready for a rematch, lil' bro?" He tossed Nick a Nerf gun.

Nick caught it and grinned. "Let's see what you've got."

"Hey guys, I'mma stick this one out." Kevin called from his position on the floor, hanging up his phone and coming to sit next to me on the couch.

"Fine with me." Nick and Joe answered at the same time.

"Ready," Kevin started.

"Set," I continued.

"GO!" They shouted and started firing.

Kevin started rambling about concert details, but my attention was still fixed on Nick.

He's definitely someone to be admired.
♠ ♠ ♠
Arghhhhhh I'm such a d-bag.
Sorry this took forever.
I really wanted to capture Nick's essence in this chapter. Especially his stance on diabetes.
(went to their concert last night!! WAS AMAZING!!)
JB = <3.
Mwuah<333,
Chez