We Couldn't Change It If We Tried

My Wish

"Don't have too much fun without us," I hugged Kevin as he and Blair were getting ready to leave for their honeymoon. They were going to Paris for a week. I tell you, the oldest Jonas was such a romantic. But then so was Joe.

"Use protection," Joe clapped his older brother on his back. I laughed. Okay, so sometimes he was romantic.

"She's already pregnant Joe," Kevin rolled his eyes, laughing.

Nick gasped. "She's pregnant?"

Kevin laughed, getting both his brothers into headlocks.

"Our boys," Blair rolled her eyes, laughing.

I laughed before hugging her. And of course, that's when the waterworks started. "I can't believe you're leaving."

"It's only for a week Danielle," she sighed, not saying what we were both thinking. The only time we were separated was when I was on tour and even then, Blair visited at least twice a week and called me like everyday. This one week would be the first time since I was 5 that we'd actually be separated.

"I'll miss you," I said.

"Be safe," she kissed my cheek.

I smirked. "Safe is my middle name Don't worry."

"That's not very reassuring," Kevin smirked. "This is you and Joe we're talking about after all."

Joe and I simultaneously stuck our tongues out at him. "Seriously Dani," Blair said. "Be careful. With Cory out there, and the babe, and the—"

"Everyone acts like I'm going to go out looking for these dangers," I rolled my eyes, cutting her off. "Jeez, I'll be fined. Confined to the house and everything."

"Yeah," Joe draped his arm around my neck. "You know Danielle. She's all about the peaceful, uneventful, boring, private life."

I rolled my eyes as everyone laughed."Okay, okay, go before you miss your flight." Everyone said his or her last goodbyes.

"I get first dibs on raiding his room," Nick called out when they left.

"Damn it," Joe and I mumbled. Damn little curly haired freak beat us to it.

[&&&]

"Ow," I screamed, sitting up quickly, waking Joe next to me.

"What is it," he sat up quickly too, his tone wide awake and frantic.

I clutched my stomach as Denise and Paul rushed in. "What happened," Denise asked, her tone anxious. Nick stumbled in, half asleep still.

I looked at all their frenzied faces. A grin broke out on my face. "He – he kicked me."

"Nice one Joe," Nick mumbled. His tone was still half asleep and incoherent. "Way to kick your pregnant girlfriend." Everyone glared at him.

"Not Joe, you ding dong," I rolled my eyes. "The baby."

"Really," Joe asked, kissing me, while putting his hand on my stomach. "Where? I want to feel." I laughed. His voice, his face, his expressions, his body, his touch – every part of him was radiating pure joy.

Denise and Paul smiled, and subtly left, leaving us alone. They ushered Nick out too.

"Here," I moved his hand to where I felt it. I felt it kick again. I winced slightly. Joe lifted my shirt, exposing my stomach.

"Wow Do you think he can hear me," he grinned, kissing the place his hand was.

I smiled. "Maybe."

He leaned in close. "Hey there pretty baby. It's your daddy." I smiled. Joe was really excited – and happy. His reaction made me even happier that we were having this baby – that it was because of me, my body that he was so happy. All my old fears felt silly now. I knew that if I was with Joe, everything would always be okay. "Your mommy is hoping you're a boy. But in all honesty, I'd like a girl. Three brothers and all, you understand right? Either way, you're going to be the prettiest baby. All the other babies will be jellin' on you. Kevin and Blair's? Ha, it'll have nothing on you. But seriously, if you're a boy, I'll disown you. But no pressure."

"Joe," I scolded him playfully.

"Relax Danielle. I'm only kidding," Joe grinned at me before turning back to my stomach. "That's your mom. Yeah, yeah, I know. She's bossy. But I will be the coolest dad ever. You want to have a party? I'll provide the house. You want to be a singer? I'll provide the stage. You want to stay out after 11? Well then you got another thing coming." I laughed. "But anyways, since your genes are the awesomest ever thanks to me and partially your mommy, there's high expectations for you. If you aren’t the greatest singer ever, I'll disown you again. But again, no pressure." I rolled my eyes. "Oh, and you have to remember to call Unle Nick, Uncle Nick Nack or Uncle Nickie, or, my personal favorite, Uncle Nickiepooh. But only in public. When we're a home, It's Uncle Nick. And we always make fun of him. So you better be funny. But seriously, no pressure."

I laughed. "Okay, enough with the demands for the unborn baby."

"Sorry," he mumbled. "Can I sing to her? I've always wanted to do that."

"Him, and yeah," I smiled.

"I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.

But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more --."

Crash. The window broke, something landing on the floor, and cutting Joe's singing off. Joe ran to the window, looking for the perp as everyone rushed in. Nick had a bat in his hands. He saw the thing on the floor, picking it up and handing it to me. It was a small cell phone.

"He's gone," Joe mumbled, walking over to me, wrapping his arms around my shaking body. "Are you okay?" I nodded.

"C-c-c-cory," I stammered out.

"Probably," Joe mumbled, his tone angry.

"But –" Nick started.

I guess you got it figured out You got it sorted in little rows You got the girls on one side, The guys on the other It's all out of control How could you feel so threatened By someone you like to ignore We all know you see me And please believe me When you see the score Look a little closer

We all froze, staring at the ringing phone in my hand. I looked at Joe. He nodded encouragingly. I picked it up, my voice shaking as violently as my body. "Hello?"

"Hello my love," Cory said.

I quickly pushed speaker, putting the phone on my bed. "Cory," I asked.

"Yes it is me," he said. Joe's eyes tightened. "Hello Joseph. I take it you are there too?"

"What the fuck is your problem you sicko," Joe said.

"Now, that is exactly why I would be better for her," he said.

"Because you creep her out," Joe laughed coldly. "Yes, I can see why that's exactly what Dani needs. Especially when she's pregnant."

Cory was quiet for a moment. "The baby can be dealt with."

"Dealt with," Joe said, disgusted. "You're sick."

"You do not understand our love," Cory's tone was cold.

"Your love," Nick snapped. "Dani's in love with my brother. Not with you. So why don't you just leave her alone?"

"Is that the fair Nicholas," Cory's tone was amused. "Wow, I'm honored. The whole Brady Bunch is gathered for me. Well not everyone. At least, not in the same building."

"Dani," a familiar voice came through the phone line. "What's going on?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. So I know it's shorter than usual. But you know how much I love them cliff hangers.
Anyways, story comments/feedback/banners please.
Thanks. And you guys may have noticed I've been recommending whatever story I was reading at the time.
And I have another one :)
You guys should read Fatherhood For Dummies by Bethanizzle ;] (sing to me. anything)
That's it, I guess. Love this song. It's My Wish by Rascall Flatts.