Can't You See This in Your Heart, I'm Still there for You

1/2

It was their last night at the Cyrus's cabin before they went back on tour. Today was completely dedicated to fishing and boating. So to Chloe and Trace it was like watching grass grow. Trace kept complaining how no one had gone swimming yet and everyone kept stating that it would always be tomorrow that they would go. But everyone knew how much of a lie that was! But throughout the long boring day the best part had to be when they all started a camp fire.

Everyone was outside roasting marshmallows by the fire. Most of them were being lazy and they were in their pajamas except for Mason and Janey. Chloe was uncomfortably sharing a lawn chair with Trace.

"This is almost as much fun as fishing!" Trace said grunting in a bored way.

"Hey!" Chloes aid lightly hitting his shoulder. "I would have killed for my parents to take me camping! Be more thankful!"

"Yeah, maybe, but-" Trace said starting to debate the subject.

"Aren't you sick of hearing You're an emo kid yet?" Blake asked interrupting, then promptly going back to his discussion with Janey. Trace glared at the term.

"Ha!" Anthony exclaimed poking the fire with a stick. "It's on fire!"

"Yeah usually fire equals bad Improgo!" Mason said chuckling. Janey and Blake were holding hands, smiling shyly, and whisper stupid sweet nothings, which was really weird because none of them had ever seen them do that before.

Chloe, Mason, and Anthony, were all enjoying the camp fire. And it was needless to say that Blake and Janey were enjoying their time together because as everything started to get quiet they snuck off back to the cabin. Snuck being an understatement because everyone saw and they all had bets going on what they were doing! Through all this Trace had somehow wondered off but Chloe had seen this and had an idea of where he went.

"So you two never really told me why you didn't bring anyone?" Chloe asked as innocently as she could.

"I'm not seeing the person who was suppose to come-" Mason said stopping to think. "And I haven't had a girlfriend sinceā€¦.."

"Dude you have to think about it?!" Anthony exclaimed laughing with Chloe as Mason snapped out of his thoughts.

"Hey!" Mason yelled offended. "It was only about four weeks ago! Quit laughing!"

"And what about you and Trace, Chloe?" Anthony challenged.

"Yeah, huh?!" Mason was somehow agreeing.

"Well-" Chloe rubbed the back of her neck turning her attention to the fire.

"Trace's too pussy to say they're together!" Mason started putting another marshmallow on the poker.

That really was the case, except Trace was just scared of being together for the fact of one day it might not be that way. He didn't want to hurt his long-time friend over that.

"He'll have to eventually Chlo." Anthony reassured, she simply nodded and shrugged.

"Thanks Ant." Chloe patted his shoulder turned facing Mason again, "I'll save you if we're being chased by zombies, unlike him over there!" She pointed and stuck out her tongue. Mason did the same and all three burst out laughing.

"Like you would!" He threw his hand holding the s'more in the air.

"What? What? Mr. Has-to-think-about-last-time-I-had-a-date?" Anthony said trying to show he was superior when it came to zombie chasings.

Chloe kept teasing him for awhile then left them to tease each other as she ventured off to find Trace. As she headed down towards the docks she saw that there was dew on the grass already. Only when she finally stepped off the steps to the docks did she see Trace sitting there watching the water.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah it just being a one shot was too long