Ianto.

Ianto.

Was Jack going to come back?
The thought echoed through my mind as I pondered.
What did he mean? I know he corrected himself…
The night Jack came back…back from the 1940s. He said he came back for me…for all of us.
Back for me…
The pain of Lisa still stung me. And now Jack was gone. My boss…my lover, perhaps? I didn’t know his feelings. Nobody did. Did he? I took a swig from the glass of alcohol I’d taken from Jacks stores. I didn’t know what it was. I didn’t really care, to be quite frank. It helped me. I think.
When was Jack coming back?
I felt comfortable around him. It didn’t matter that he had ordered Lisa’s execution…it didn’t matter that he was so distant, and cruel. All that mattered was that he was with me…with me in those rare moments together.
“Ianto?” Gwen Cooper interrupted my thoughts.
“Mmm?” I replied. Not really caring what our newly instated leader had to say. For once, I’d rather just wallow in my own sadness.
“It’s been weeks, Ianto.” As if she needed to state the obvious.
“I’m just tiding up.”
“Ianto?” I had to look up at her. “Ianto…he’s going to come back, right?”
I was surprised.
“I…I don’t really know.” I decided that I had dwelt on this for long enough today. “Coffee?” I tried to perk myself up, giving her that grin I was so famous for.

I thought back to the times I’d begged Jack to work at Torchwood 3. About how he’d flirt and point out how excellent my coffee and suits were. I smiled, smiled as I drove home. The Cardiff air was cold, cold in my face. I felt a sting of pain as I remembered his lips softly on my cheek, that night when he thought I was asleep. I tried to smile. He’d be back. I told myself. Back, for me.