Open My Lips

PROLOGUE

“Hey mute, why don’t you talk? Are you a freaking retard or something?” Adam Robison tauntingly asked me. He’s the head football player of my school.

Adam has made it a point to ask me these two questions everyday since I moved here, seven years ago. Even at the age of 10, I was taunted…just because I learned it was better to not speak. People get in trouble for words they say and then things just snowball from there…so I see no point in talking.

My name is Raychel Farley and I am a mute by choice. Why you ask? Because when I was little, my mother would get beat for things she said to my father. So I decided that instead of taking that chance, I would end up like my mother, so I didn’t talk. My father is really happy about it, since he can just order me around and I do it. But he’s also a very kind guy, but when he needs to get a point across, he DOES.

Four years after I was born, my mother just up and left. My father had been cheating on her for six years and she was fed up with the abuse and cheating…why she didn’t take me is a mystery. But, let’s not dwell on THAT past, let me talk about when I was ten.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey everyone...hope you like it...i know it's not that good...i don't think it's good until chapter 3, but I had to write the first 2 chapters (plus this) in order to become better! tell me what you think please!!

RayRay

PS: There used to be their appearences and everything, but I didn't want them there any more, so if you wanna know what they look like, just comment/message me and i'll send you the information on them