We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Easter

Easter Holidays. I had mixed feelings about holidays. I didn't have any siblings at home to spend time with and it was pretty boring at home with just my parents. Maybe I would visit Fred and George at their shop. I was in my sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Fred and George had left the year before, they didn't even bother finshing up. But they left with a bang and no one was going to forget them anytime soon.

I took one last glance at my Ravenclaw dorm room to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. I hadn't. So I made my way down the stairs to the Common Room to say goodbye to Gwen and Rain.

"I'm going to miss you!" Gwen said as she held me tight.

"It's only a week. You never know, maybe I'll be able to come over for a day or two." I reassured her. Rain hugged me too.

"See you in a week!" She said as she let go. I grabbedmy suitcase and threw some Floo Powder into the empty fireplace.

"Whispers In The Woods!" I shouted and started spinning. A few moments later, I was in my cottage in the woods.

"Hello?" I called. The house appeared to be empty. I dropped my bags and wandered around, still calling. I got to the kitchen and found a note on the table.

Dearest Renee,

We're sorry we weren't able to tell you sooner, but Papa has an important last minute meeting for work which will take place in France. It's for all World leaders and as n assistant to the Minister, your father and I were invited to spend the Easter Holidays there. The Weasleys have invited you graciously to spend the week at the Burrow.

Be good!

Maman et Papa.

The note was written in French. My heart skipped a beat as I read it. I was going to spend the week with my friends! I grabbed my bags again and picked up some Floo Powder from a bowl next to the fireplace.

"The Burrow!" I shouted as I stepped in. In a whirl of flames, I was engulfed in the emerald fire and taken to the Burrow.

"Renee!" You heard Hermione cry. You wiped the soot from your face and got a good look at her before she pulled me into a hug.

"Isn't this great? We're going to spend the week together!" She was saying. I saw Harry and Ron walk into the room over her shoulder.

"Are Fred and George here?" I asked. They all exchanged unreadable looks.

"They're working until Wednesday. But tomorrow we're going to visit them at their shop." Ron supplied. Well, at least I would get to see them! The last time I saw them was at Christmas. I had worked at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes during the last summer.

"Here! I'll show you to our room!" Hermione said. I grabbed your bags and followed her up the stairs.

"We're sharing with Ginny. There's plenty of room in her room for the three of us. Ever since her father mastered a complicated Enlargement Charm, he's been making all the rooms bigger than they look from the outside. It's quite fasinating, really! I'll have to get him to teach me! Although I'm sure I can figure it out by myself!" She was saying. We arrived in Ginny's room.

"Hey Renee!" Ginny said as I walked in. The room was indeed a lot bigger than the last time I was here. Three beds were fitting quite comfortably inside, "How's the sixth year treating you?"

"Not too bad, not bad at all." I answered, "All set for your OWLs?"

"Meh," She shrugged, "More or less. So what's the deal with you and Fred?"

"What? What do you mean, he's one of my best friends." I answered, confused.

"That's not the way I heard it." She said. At that point, Hermione tried to step on her foot without me noticing. I noticed, but humored her by pretending not to.

"What are you talking about?" I wanted some answers.

"Oh, Renee! Isn't it obvious? He has a cr...." She was cut off as Hermione interrupted.

"So, how about we help your Mum with lunch?" Weird, but I followed them both downstairs where Mrs Weasley wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Oh, how are my dear?" She asked.

"Fine, Mrs Weasley." I answered, "Is there anything we can do to help out with lunch?"

"Oh no! You don't have to help with lunch! It's almost ready anyways. But if you really want to, you can help Harry and Ron set the table outside." She answered. I took a stack of plates and Hermione and Ginny followed with knives and forks.

In five minutes, lunch was ready and me, Mr and Mrs Weasley, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were seated outside for lunch.

After lunch, the others and I played 2-on-3 Quidditch for the rest of the afternoon until it was time to help with supper. Hermione, Ginny and I against Harry and Ron. I wished Fred and George could have been there.