We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Work of Play?

I followed Fred to the backroom once I had the magenta robes on. Once we were there, he shut the door and locked it.

"Um, Fred, doesn't the store open in like, two minutes?" I asked, "We shouldn't be locking oursel..." I was cut off when he cupped his hands around my cheeks and crashed his lips against mine.

I didn't know what he was up to, so it took me a bit to react. But when I did, I kissed back with all I had and all thoughts about the store were gone from my mind. There were only two people in the world right now. Why did I always feel this way when Fred kissed me? Did he feel the same way? Not that I was complaing! It was amazing the way he kissed me and I never wanted it to go away! But it had to stop as there was a knock on the door. We jumped apart as if we had just been poked with a live wire.

"I know what you guys are doing in there, but could you possibly hurry it up? The store's supposed to be open now and there's people out there!" George called from outside. This time, he was nice enough to leave us alone.

"We're coming!" I called back. I turned the lights on and Fred unlocked the door.

A few hours later, I was stocking Puking Pastilles on the shelves when a pair of hands grabbed my waist from behind.

"I thought we were supposed to be working." I said. I turned around and was taken by surprise. It wasn't Fred, as I had assumed, but Draco Malfoy.

"Surprised?" He asked, smirking. No way! This was not happening!

"Actually, yeah. But not in a good way. What are you doing here?" I tried to pull his hands off my waist, but he wouldn't give.

"Oh, just thought I'd visit you." He answered.

"Really? Wouldn't you like it better if you visited someone who actually appreciated it? But I guess there aren't that many people." I replied.

"Draco! Come here, my good friend!" We both spun, Draco quickly released my sides. It really was Fred this time.

"Come here! I have some stuff I want to show you!" Fred said to Draco as he walked up to him and put his arm around Draco's shoulder. They both walked away, Draco looking slightly uncomfortable, but Fred was all smiles.

I almost laughed out loud. Draco didn't have any idea of what might happen to him, especially noe that he as dealing with one of the Weasley twins! I returned to stocking the shelves.

A few minutes later, a fuming Draco stormed out of the store, his brilliant white blonde hair turned magenta! I actually laughed out loud this time.

"You liked it then!" I turned. It was Fred.

"That was amazing! I haven't seen you guys do anything like that before!" I laughed harder.

"It's new. George and I decided that the first person who decided to hit on you would be our tester." Fred smiled, "I was personally thrilled it was Malfoy!"

We talked for a while longer about new products and stuff, so it took a while to get focused and start working again.

I continued work for the next few weeks until Fred confonted me as we were locking up after yet another successful day.

"Um...Renée?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked. Uh oh. That didn't sound too good! I followed him to a storeroom in the back, he locked the door after I got in.

"What's up?" I asked, a little worried, but also hoping he would start kissing me again.

"Well, you know Harry?" He asked. Huh?

"Of course! He's like, one of our best friends!" I answered.

"Well, we're moving him from his aunt and uncle's house tomorrow night." He said.

"So?" I was weirded out now. Where was this going?

"George and I are helping move him."

"And, that's dangerous?" I raised my eyebrows.

"We're doing this thing where six of us dress up as Harry, so me, George, Ron, Hermione, Fleur and Dung, and we'll fly to seven different safe houses with a partner. The thing is, You-Know-Who might find out that we're moving him tomorrow and might come after us." I understood what was going on now! I gasped.

"And you're willing to put yourself in that kind of danger? Who are you flying with?" I asked.

"Relax! We don't know what's going to happen! I'm flying with my dad! The Ministry's inspecting Muggle-borns, so it's not safe for you to go home anymore. You're going to come live with us on top of the store. For tomorrow, you'll stay with my Mum and sister at our house. I'm not making any promises, but if we make it, I'll meet you there."

The tears were flowing freely down my face. He was putting himself in terrible danger! And he was just going to leave you!

"Please don't cry! I still love you more than anything! Remember the good times? Like when we slipped Filch a Skiving Snackbox and he ate it? Or just a couple weeks ago when we turned Malfoy's hair pink?" He was trying hard, so I stopped. I dried my face on my sleeve and kissed him gently. He broke it off.

"Dangerous times are coming and we don't know what's in store for us. We have to stick together. Promise you'll meet me at my parents' house and you won't go out there by yourself." He asked.

"Promise." I answered.

He took the back of my head and pulled my face to his and kissed me again. I deepend it and it didn't take long for the mouths to open and the tongues to start exploring. I kissed with all the passion I could muster, I could feel Fred doing the same. I didn't know what was going to happen and for all I knew, this was going to be our last kiss.