We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Is This The End?

There was no extra bed set up for me when Fred and I walked upstairs to go to bed. Fred's parents didn't want us to use magic until we were both at their house and they could explain what was going on properly. The Ministry had ways of tracing magic, and most of it was now under You-Know-Who's control.

"So, I sleep on the floor?" I asked tentatively.

"If you're that crazy. But you and share with me for tonight." He answered. I raised my eyebrows.

"Not like that! My bed's big enough for six people! I promised your father I wouldn't try anything with you!" He looked so sincere, so I obliged. I found some pyjamas in a storage room and pulled them on in the bathroom.

Fred was waiting for me in his room when I entered. He was already in his huge bed. I climbed in. He wrapped his arm around me protectively.

"Even if something happens to me tomorrow night, I'll still love you from wherever I am." He whispered. Tears started pouring down me face. I wrapped my arms around him and fell into a deep, yet uneasy sleep in his arms.

I didn't know when the last time I got a proper sleep was, but it must have been a long time ago. By the time I woke up, the sun was already high in the sky and Fred was no longer there. I would have panicked if it weren't for the joking pair of voices I heard from the other room. I would have gotten up to investigate, but I heard my name.

"Why don't you just ask her? Then you'll leave on a happy note and it'll give her more reason to keep going if you go down." George was saying.

"Because if something does happen to me, she'll be heartbroken and who know's what she'll do! I still want her to be happy." Fred answered.

"But, man! She seriously the one for you! I'm doing everything I can to stop you! After all our family's been through, you deserve this happiness!" George argued.

"And we both have it! Our passion to freely make joke products and make tons of money off them. Maybe our luck's run out and it's only dark times ahead. Harry's our good friend! There'll be Aurors there, so it can't be that dangerous." Fred still sounded dubvious.

"She'll be awake any time now, man! That chick can sleep! It's almost two o'clock! I'll give you guys some time alone if you want." George commented.

"Sure, only if you want to. It's still not the right time to ask her." Fred answered.

"You may never get another chance, man." George said. I heard his footsteps as he left Fred alone in the living room.

I got out of bed, reflecting on what I had just heard. What did Fred want to ask you? I pondered on that as I dressed and walked into the kitchen where I found George.

"Wow, look who finally decided to wake up!" He said. I stuck my tongue out at him and got some food out from the fridge. We had to pretend to live as Muggles, so we had all the electrical stuff, like a telephone, computer and TV.

I didn't see Fred until six o'clock, just before he had to go. He had apparently gone for a walk around Diagon Alley.

"Listen, Renée." He said as he pulled me aside, "The only thought going through my mind tonight will be you. You'll give me the will to keep living. Mum and Ginny will take care of you. I'm supposed to come back to the house second. I'll meet you there." He said. My eyes were moist, but I pulled yourself together and Fred held me close.

George came in with an old box for their products and we all touched it. The Portkey took us to the Weasley's house. This was where I bade goodbye to Fred and George as they and the other people apparated to the Dursley's.

Once it was just me, Ginny and Mrs Weasley, I let my tears fall freely. Ginny wrapped me in her arms.

"Don't worry about them! If anyone knows how to look after themselves, it's Fred and George! They'll be allright." She whispered in my hair.

I was somewhat comforted, but only as comforted as one can be while their only love risks their life for a friend. It was going to be a long half hour before Fred got back.

6:34 came and went. Ron, Tonks, Fred and Mr Weasley were all supposed to be back. I assumed the worst and broke down in tears again. Then, I heard a pop from the backyard. I ran out. It was Hagrid and Harry.

Harry hugged me. I was glad someone made it. The person who this was all about had made it.

"Who else is back?" He asked.

"No one. Fred, Ron, Tonks and Mr Weasley are all supposed to be back!" I was cut off as another pop sounded not too far away. It was Lupin and George. I screamed. George was covered in blood. I took a closer look and noticed one of his ears was missing.

Mrs Weasley hurried out and helped Lupin support George as they walked back into the house. Mrs Weasley cleaned him up pretty good, but she couldn't regrow the ear.
Where was Fred? Anything could make me break out in tears at this point.