We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

What?

~Fred's POV~

Dad and I were pretty much alone for the journey. Death Eaters followed us for a bit until one of them said the real Harry Potter was with Hagrid. I hoped he was alright! The whole point of this was to get him safely to Tonk's parents' house!

Once we were sure that they weren't following us anymore, my dad started talking to me. We were headed to my grandparents' house, which was a long way away from the Dursley's.

"How are things going with you and Renée?" He asked. Typical man-to-man talk. He was my father, I might as well be honest with him.

"She honestly the most amazing person I know!" I told him. He smiled.

"That's good, because you guys are going to be staying at home for the next month." What? What was he talking about? We were fine living on top of the store!

"Why? Not that I don't want to live with you and Mum again, but we're fine on top of the store!" I protested.

"I got an owl from her father. He wanted us to make sure she was fine and to keep an eye on her." He answered. Crap! Now my plans wouldn't work out!

"For a month?" I asked, horrified.

"Or until we get you, George and Renée an appartement in the village. We're supposed to be pretending to be Muggles! There are some Muggle dwellings in the village."

Man oh man did he have me worried for a minute there! I was going to start looking for an appartment as soon as we got back home. Renée must be at her wit's end worrying about everyone. There was no way we'd be able to make it home by the schedueled time. I saw my grandparents' house approaching in the distance.

~Renée's POV~

Mrs Weasley had George patched up pretty well, but the ear wouldn't grow back. She had tried everything. So I back went outside and waited with Ron, Ginny and Harry for the others to get back. Tears were free-falling from my face, no one tried to console me. They all felt the same way. What if we were the only one's who made it back? I would die if Fred didn't make it back alive! but by the sounds of it, most of the Death Eaters had gone after the real Harry around the middle of the escape. And he survived! Still, it was a girlfriend's instinct to worry.
A faint pop sounded behind us and a pair of red heads appeared on the lawn.

I screamed. Fred had made it back, without a scratch! We both ran to each other. He picked me up and twirled me around in the air, we were both laughing and crying at the same time.

He was kissing me all over my face and any part of my skin he could get at. I did the same. It was such an amazing moment! We hadn't known what was going to happen to each other. It was perfect to be in his arms again.

"Is George here yet?" He asked as things between you clamed down. your smile drooped.

"Yeah. He's inside. Snape got at him and cursed his ear off." I mumbled, tears of sorrow falling down my face again. Fred was alert now. I decided to give the family some time alone together.

After a few minutes, Fred walked out of the house, smiling again.

"Same old George!" He laughed. I laughed too, out of relief, "Where were we?" He asked, mescheviously. I smiled as he leaned back into me.

Our lips touched and stayed together. He tried his favorite, licking my lips through his open mouth. I opened and our tongues entwined together. I don't know how long we stayed in that position, but the only thought going through my mind was that he was alive and we could do this as often as we wanted!