We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Funeral for a Friend

~Ginny's POV~

I didn't know where Renée went. I don't want to sound rude, but I cared more about Fred. Understandable, right? He's my brother!

The body was brought down to the Entrance Hall after You-Know-Who announced that he's going to give us an hour to hand over Harry. We would never hand Harry over! But I guess that's coming from someone who's had this obsession for him for as long as I've known him.

Anyways. Lupin and Tonks's bodies were brought down too. It was all too sad! They had just had a baby! Now what was going to happen? It's sadder than Fred's case. He was going to be married! No wonder Renée didn't know how to handle it and just disappeared. I wouldn't.

My entire family was gathered around Fred. He looked so peaceful. Well, wherever he was know, it must be great. I'll miss him so much! He taught me how to laugh and really laugh! At least we still have George. It must be even harder for him, losing a twin is probably a lot harder than losing a brother. There wasn't a dry eye in the entire Hall.

All of a sudden, Hermione screeched. We looked around at her. She was staring and pointing at Fred's body.

"What's up?" I asked.

"His hand! Didn't you see it? It twitched!" She said in a voice a lot higher than normal.

"What are you tal..." I started, but then I saw it too! His fingers moved! Nothing dead could move! He was alive!

My father bent down and muttered a few spells. Sure enough, Fred sat up and stretched. There were shouts of happiness all around and everyone bent down and hugged him.

"Hey! I need to breathe too! It's nice having you all here, but I don't want to really die now!" Fred said. We all laughed and wiped our tears away.

"What happened, mate?" Ron was the first to recover. Fred, however had something else on his mind.

"Where's Renée?" He asked. We all looked at each other blankly.

"The truth us, none of us know. She disappeared as soon as you were pronounced dead." Ron explained.

"Crap." Fred mumbled, "We need to find her!"

"He's right! Before she tries something stupid and kills herself." Bill said, "But can you first tell us what happened? It's a miracle!" Hermione rushed out and found some of Renée's cousins to see if they could find her. Then she returned to hear Fred's tale.

"I caused that explosion." Fred said. I gasped.

"Why?" I asked.

"There were Death Eaters closing in and I didn't think Ron, Harry, Hermione or Renée could see them. I meant to get them, but it didn't work out the way I thought it would. It came down on me instead of the Death Eaters. But it worked! They didn't get any of you!"

"But how did you survive it?" Ron asked.

"Cushioning charm, my dear brother. Years in the joke industry keeps you on your toes and puts many useful spells in your brain. I made the ceiling lighter and cushioned the pieces. I didn't feel a thing. But, I had to put a spell on myself so it would look like I died. I couldn't have the Death Eaters digging me up only to kill me. I promised Renée I would live so we could get married. Have we found her yet?" He called to the cousins that had just returned.

"She eez not at 'er parents' 'ouse or 'er grandparents'." They confirmed.

"I'll check the appartment, you stay here and rest" George said. He apparated. A few painful minutes later, he returned.

"She's not there either." He reported, "I checked the Burrow too. not there." He said.

"We need to find her!" Fred said.

"Of course we do dear." Mrs Weasley replied.

"But, just in case you haven't noticed, we're in the middle of a war here!" George said. We all laughed, even though it wasn't anything to laugh at. But we were nervous now. Renée and Fred were perfect for each other, we had to find Renée or Fred wouldn't be able to go on.

I went outside to help bring bodies in. It was sad all the people that died! Like Colin Creevey and many other underage witches and wizards. They had given their lives to see Voldemort defeated and help Harry. Speaking of Harry, where was he? I ran back into the castle. It just didn't feel safe outside. Sure enough, a few seconds later, there was a thundering noise from outside and the Death Eaters, led by Hargrid with a small form in his hands hurried in with Voldemort before Hagrid. I screamed.

It was Harry!

I burst into tears. Voldemort silenced us, but we broke the charm. I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying, but when he forced a flaming Sorting Hat on Neville, something happened that you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind to miss.

The air was filled with screeches coming from the grounds and thousands of people ran onto the grounds from out of nowhere. Grawp shook the Earth as he came onto the scene followed by hundreds of centaurs. In all the confusion, no one noticed Harry disappear. But all of a sudden, he was gone. I screamed again.

The minutes passed like seconds. The next thing I knew, Harry was alive and facing Voldemort in the Great Hall. He cast a sheild charm around them so no one else would get hurt. I clung onto my face. This was it. Harry would either come out of there alive, or Voldemort would. It was too much, but I stood there anyways.

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort bellowed at the same time that Harry yelled,

"Expelliarmus!" Voldemorts spell his Harry's and rebounded back at him hitting Voldemort and knocking his wand out of his hand. Harry caught it and Voldemort fell back on the floor dead.

The noise was deafening. Everyone wanted a piece of Harry Potter who had vanquished the Dark Lord once and for all. A feast was in order as the tables reappeared, laden with food.

Surprisingly, Draco Malfoy was there, seated with his mother and father. No one cared. It seemed as if they had finally made the right decision. I sat with my family and ate.

Even the fact that Voldemort was dead once and for all couldn't keep Fred's mind off Renée for long.

"We need to find her." He mumbled to me.

"As soon as we get home." I replied, "You really should eat something. It can't be easy being dead for a couple hours." He smiled and helped himself to some chicken. I could tell he was still thinking about Renée. And I couldn't blame him.