We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Too Long

~Two Years Later~

Life in Iceland wasn't bad. It was beautiful and isolated. Lots of tourists, but I wasn't a tourist. I had lived here for the past two years. I was now nineteen, the same age Fred was when he proposed to me. I was never going to get over Fred.

I magically brought my stuff from the appartement in Ottery St. Catchpole to my new house in Vik, Iceland. I watched the tape George made of when Fred proposed to me almost every day and I cried every time. Little did I know, the search for me that had started two years ago was swelling again, now that a new piece of evidence had come to attention.

~Fred's POV~

Where was Renée?

That question was asked repeatedly in my mind. It had been two years. I was twenty-one now, if life were normal, me and Renée would be married for a year and a half. Maybe even have a kid or two.

But life wasn't normal.

We knew she was alive, and that kept my spirits up. We just didn't know where she ran off to. She was alive because her stuff from our old appartment had suddenly disappeared. She must have summoned it from wherever she was. I would send an owl to her, but Errol was too stupid and old to find out where she was and make the trip to wherever it may be. She didn't have the trace on her anymore as she was overage. And I was pretty sure she had given up magic.

Ron and Hermione were engaged. It just made me feel even worse. I watched the tape George made of me proposing to Renée. We were so happy and carefree. It was so hard to believe that the tape was only made two years ago. I've aged since then.

The weird thing was that Draco Malfoy had disappeared too. Of course the search for him was bigger and more important than the search for Renée. I was starting to give up hope when new evidence was discovered.

The Daily Prophet on January 3rd read:

'Alarming new evidence might lead to the rescue of Renée Wheaton.

Wheaton, now nineteen, disappeared two years ago after the Battle Of Hogwarts. After she had heard the news of her fiancé, Fred Weasley's, 'death.' The man was not dead, however it was too late to tell her. The girl has been missing ever since.

The search for Draco Malfoy, who was reported as missing last month, led to some clue that might lead to the rescue of Wheaton.

Rescuers claim to have found a girl around the same age as Wheaton and the same description in Caen, France at 537 Toulouse blvd. It has been reported that searchers for Wheaton have searched the entire province Yonne, where Wheaton grew up. Will this lead the the rescue of the girl missing for two years?'

I got to the end of the article. Wow, had they really found her? Why wasn't I the first to know! I AM her fiancé, after all! I grabbed a travelling cloak, pulled it on and apparated to the city of Caen, 537 Toulouse Blvd.

~Renée's POV~

There was a knock on my door. I was taken aback. No one knew I lived here, none of the natives had ever learned so much as my name. Who could this be? I got up and opened the door. I put a hand to my mouth. It couldn't be.

"Long time no see, eh Wheaton?" Draco Malfoy asked from my doorway. I blinked. He couldn't be here. I pinched yourself. Nope, I wasn't imagining it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Just felt like seeing you again." He smirked and walked into my house, "Not the neatest place I've ever seen."

"I wasn't expecting company. How did you know I was here?" I asked shutting the door behind him.

"Oh, I was visiting some cousins and thought I saw you come into this house." He explained.

"You don't have any cousins. Tell me the truth." I told him.

"Love always finds a way." He smirked. He started walking closer. I backed away.

"No way, Draco! I admit that I used to like you a while ago, but then Fred..." I broke off. I couldn't bear to even mention his name anymore.

"Fred's not here anymore." Draco said. He closed the gap between us and slammed his lips against mine.

He was kissing you hungrily. He had wanted this for a while. I had to admit it was nice, but I longed for the feel of Fred's lips against mine. There was nothing compared to that. But I knew that would never happen again. It brought tears to my eyes. Draco kept kissing me fiercely and brought his hands to the back of my neck, forcing me still closer. I made no move to stop it. I kissed back. It felt good. I remembered I was still young and should probably give Draco a chance.

I slipped my hands around his waist. I could feel his triumph through the kiss. It felt right, but wrong at the same time. As if I was betraying Fred, but Fred wasn't around anymore. It was time to get over him and move on. Still, I felt guilty as I fingered the ring Fred had given me what seemed like so long ago, but I had kept it on for two years.

~Fred's POV~

Crap, that was a waste of time. The girl that answered the door certainly looked a lot like Renée, but I could tell the second I saw her that she wasn't Renée. Every day that passed made it seem more and more unlikely that we would ever find her. But she was alive, and that was a good enough reason for me. I made a list of all the places we had searched.

-USA
-England
-France
-Germany
-Australia
-Canada
-Mexico

It was a lot of countries. But it had been a long time. There were still so many places to search! I made a list of those places.

-South America
-Italy
-New Zealand
-China
-All those third world countries in Asia and Russia (Though I highly doubt she'd be there, but it didn't hurt to check)
-Greenland
-Iceland
-Africa
-Antartica
-All those Islands south of Asia

If I worked hard, I could search all of these countried in three months. Five months tops. I had found a simple spell that revealed the secrets of wherever I was. Renée was definitely living in secret. The frustrating thing was that she never listened to the Wizarding Wireless and hated the newspaper. Said it endangers trees. So we couldn't send out messages to her. I wish she was more open and out-going! But I loved her for who she was, no matter how frustrating it was right now.

Most of the search party had given up on ever finding her. But if I had some helpers, the search would go by a lot quicker and we would find her sooner. She could be my wife by the summer.