We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Out There

Draco invited me out for dinner. What could I say? That I used to have a crush on him, maybe something could still happen? I sighed, cleaned my house with the wand that I hadn't used in years and changed into something more presentable while Draco waited in my now clean living room. It was a simple white knee-length dress with a black sash around the waist. Simple, yet elegant. Draco had on a black dress shirt with a white tie and black dress pants, so we sort of coordinated.

I walked down the stairs to meet him. He whistled as he saw me.

"See you haven't changed." He commented, "You're still as beautiful as when we were in school." I turned red.

"You're not too bad looking yourself." I replied. He smirked and held his arm out, I took it and he escorted me out the door.

I lived in a very isolated area of Iceland. Just outside the city of Vik.

"Where are we going?" I asked. I hadn't been out of my house and into the city very often.

"Oh, just a place I saw in the city. Grab my hand, I'll guide you there." He answered. I took his outstreached hand and we both turned on the spot.

When I opened my eyes, we were standing in front of a nice looking restaurant called Vikurgrill.

"I have reservations." Draco explained. I smiled. He led me through the doors and up to the hostess.

"I have a table for two under Malfoy." He said.

"Right this way, sir." She replied in her strong Dannish accent. Draco placed his arm around my waist and we followed the seating hostess to a secluded table set for two.

Draco pulled out my chair for me and I sat down.

"Well, Mr Manners now are we?" I laughed. It felt so good to laugh. I didn't remember the last time I laughed.

"It's the way all purebloods are brought up." He answered. My face fell. Fred was a pureblood. I had known he would be on my mind for this entire date.

A few seconds later, a waiter whose nametag declared him to be Fjalar appeared with a bottle of champagne. He poured some into Draco's glass, who tasted it, then declared it alright. He poured more into Draco's glass and some into mine. Fjalar placed a menu in front of either of us then walked away.

"Wow, you wen't all out now, didn't you?" I commented. Fred had once taken me out in style, for the three month aniversary of my first date with him. This was really sad. Why couldn't I move on? I felt kind of bad that I didn't even stay for the funeral, but I knew I wouldn't be able to bear it. It would have made Fred's death final.

"Only the best for you." Draco replied. Aw! He was so sweet! I resolved to try my best to enjoy myself.

After a fancy seafood dinner, I took Draco's arm again and we went for a bit of a walk outside. I made for the direction of my house, but Draco went the opposite way.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see." Draco replied. We remained silent for the rest of the walk, just enjoying each other's company. Eventually, We reached a beach that faced the north Atlantic Ocean.

"Look up, Renée." Draco pointed. I obeyed and saw the most beautiful sight I had seen in two years. The northern lights.

I sat lay down on the sand, so I was facing them directly. Draco lay down beside me and draped his arm over my stomach. I couldn't do this. I was still so attached to Fred. I couldn't just go out with a guy I had a crush on three years ago and my fiancé dead and the only thing that had been on my mind for two years. I twirled the glimmering ring on my left hand again, debating on how I could tell Draco that I couldn't do this.

He sat up and pulled me with him. He looked at me, I could see the dancing lights reflected in his icy blue eyes.

"What's up, Draco?" I asked. My answer came to me in a different form than I had expected.

He placed his arms around my back, pulled me as close as he could so your bodies were pressed against each other and he kissed me. Tears ran down my face, he assumed they were happy tears. He rubbed his hands around my back and deepened the kiss. It was so rough and passionate, he touched my bottom lip with his tongue, but I pretended not to notice. French kissing was reserved for Fred, even though he wasn't here anymore, it was a special thing only shared with Fred.

Instead, Draco lay back down in the sand and pulled me on top of him. We stayed that way for a few minutes before I started feeling guilty again. I broke it off and sat back up again.

"I had a great time, Draco." I said, "But I think I need to go home now." He looked crestfallen, but obliged. I took his hand and apparated with him to my house. I kissed him quickly on the lips good bye before walking into my house and staring at the lights in the sky, tears running down my face again.

I wished so badly that Fred was still alive to share them with me.

~Fred's POV~

"We have some information that might interest you, Mr Weasley."

I was in the Ministry of Magic. It was 9:00pm. They had called me here because they said they had some information. I wish they would just tell me!

"It's about the Wheaton girl." They explained. I snapped my head in his direction, he had my full attention now!

"Well, tell me! I'm, listening!" I said, somewhat desperately.

"It's not necesarily about her, it could be anyone, but we thought you'd like to know it anyways." He paused, he was enjoying this, torturing me! "An area just north of Vik, Iceland, where only Muggles live, we have detected magic. As I said, it isn't necesarily Renée Wheaton, it could be anyone magical, but we don't think it's just anyone. We tracked a Scourgify charm and four apparations tonight."

"Can't you tell who conjured the charm and who apparated?" I demanded.

"Not with the charm. We can only detect magic." He replied. My hopes were shotdown. I closed my eyes

"Apparation, however is different. We can find out who apparated." He said. I opened my eyes again.

"So you know who apparated?" I asked.

"Not yet. It only happened half an hour ago. It'll take at least two weeks ot figure out who it was." I groaned. I couldn't wait two weeks!

"Thanks, just let me know as soon as you do!" I called and walked out of the office. I thought.
I couldn't apparate there, I had no idea what Iceland looked like. If I messed up, I didn't know what would happen. As far as I knew, Iceland is an isolated country and I wasn't sure how soon I could get a plane there. I'd check tomorrow. At least we had a new lead.

I walked outside and the first thing I noticed was greeny lights in the sky. The northern lights. You rarely saw them in England. I took a moment to gaze up at them and enjoy their beauty.

If Renée really was in Iceland, maybe she was staring up at these very same phenomenons right now. That thought made the world seem so much smaller. It was a comforting thought. I knew that I would somehow find Renée.