We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Alive!

"Want anything to eat?" I asked Draco when we arrived back at my house. I started walking towards the kitchen.

"No." He answered, but followed me anyway.

"You sure?" I asked.

"I'm not hungry for food." He smirked and ran his hands up and down my sides. I smiled. He stopped at my chest and rested his hands there. I gazed at the sparkling ring on my left hand, sighed and took it off.

"That's my girl." Draco said. I knew what he wanted and I thought I was ready. Sitting around home and moping weren't going to bring Fred back. Nothing could. The doorbell rang.

"I'll meet you in your room." Draco said and his smirk grew even bigger. I smiled back at him. Was this what I wanted? Oh well, too late anyway.

I opened the door and immediately slammed it shut again. No, it couldn't be! It was impossible! Maybe I just imagined the doorbell ringing! I heard faint chuckling from outside and the doorbell rang again.

I opened it again tentatively. There was no mistaking it this time, but I still blinked several times just to be sure.

Fred Weasley stepped inside my house. His eyes were moist whereas my face was covered in tears.

"Is it really you?" I sobbed.

"Sure is, now let's go home, you've had lots of people worrying and looking for you." He answered. It was around that moment that Draco reappeared.

"Weasley! What are you doing here?" He spat. I gasped. Draco knew Fred was alive this whole time?

"You knew he was alive!" I accused. Draco looked at me as if he had never noticed I was there before.

"Um...well...you know..." He stuttered.

"You did!" I walked over to him and slapped his face. He was in utter shock.

"Well, you win some, you lose some, eh, Malfoy?" Fred said, "Care for a sweet?" He held out a brightly wrapped candy.

"No way, Weasel. I learned not to take candy from any Weasley two years ago." He mumbled. Fred laughed. With that, Malfoy disapparated.

Fred picked me up and spun me around, the both of us laughing and kissing each other. How I had longed for that feeling of his lips on mine for the past two years! It was all too unbelieveable that he was alive and here in my house!

"Is the wedding still on, then?" He asked when he put me back down. I put the ring back on my finger.

"It sure is!" I said. Fred smiled and pulled me close and tight against his body and kissed me. It was unlike any kiss I had ever had in your life. It was triumphant and jubilant. We were both just so happy to be able to be together again!

"How does next Friday sound to you?" Fred asked when we broke off.

"Wonderful! Can we arrange everything by then?" I asked. Fred laughed and dabbed at his eyes.

"Your mother's had the wedding planned for a year, she knew we'd find you!" He explained, "You ready to go?"

"Yeah." I answered and pulled a cloak on. I grabbed Fred's hand tightly as if afraid he would let go. He smiled at me and we both walked outside where George was waiting.

He saw me and I hugged him.

"I've missed everyone so much!" I said.

"Yeah, but you missed me most, right?" George said. I laughed.

"Of course I did!" I replied. George grabbed my hand and Fred took the other and we all apparated back to my parents' house in England.