We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Finally

"Finally!" Ginny said as I noticed she was hiding there the entire time.

"Eh?" I said, going for the Canadian approach.

"He's liked you for, like, ever! Don't tell me you haven't noticed!" She explained.

"Actually I haven't." I replied truthfully.

"You must be deaf, dumb and blind then!"

"Hey, I just thought of him as a friend!"

"So, do you like him?"

"Ginny, this is kind of awkward, he's your brother!"

"But you two are perfect for each other!"

"Come back when I'm finished school and we'll talk about this."

"Aw....you totally like him!" Ginny accused. I felt my cheeks get warm. True, but I had only realized this a few minutes ago.

Just then, a guy I had never seen before in my life came up to me.

"Can I have your number?" He asked, I was taken aback, but the twins always taught me how to have a good comeback.

"It's in the phone book." I replied.

"I don't know your name, either." He persisted.

"That's in the phone book too." I said defiantly. He looked defeated and walked away.

"Nice, going!" Fred reappeared and put his arm around my shoulder, "I see you've been paying attention well! Keep it up!" A customer came up to him and he left to show them something.

"See, Renee?" Ginny started, "You're hot! Plus you're French! Guys would kill each other for you! I always wondered how you fought the guys away! I just assumed it was because you were always around Fred and George." She was still laughing.

A few hours later, Fred and George closed up shop and Fred took me to the ice cream store where I ordered chocolate peanut butter and he ordered bubblegum, just because he was that cool.

"So, how's school going?" He asked.

"Do I have to tell you?" I smiled.

"If it's bugging you, you can follow in my footsteps and booking it out of there! There's always room here for another full-timer!"

"No thanks," I laughed, "I think I should finish up my education before dropping out!"

"Is it true you've never noticed I've liked you?" He asked. My eyes widened, how did he find out? "Ginny told me." He answered my unasked question.

"Oh! Well, actually, no, I didn't know that you liked me before. I thought we were just friends." I answered.

"But I want to be more than your friend. Get to know you better. You are coming back to work this summer, right?"

"Yeah, definitely! But is it okay if we're going out with fellow employers?" I asked, the smile coming back to my face, "I mean, if we're still going out by the time summer comes around."

"Yeah, but we could be engaged by that time, so I don't see a problem." He said, smiling that cute smile of his.

"You're really confidant about this, you are!" I said.

"I've known you for six years..."

"Five, I was still in France six years ago." I corrected.

"Fine, 5 years, I think I know what I'm talking about." He said, still smiling.
After about an hour, he walked me back to the store, unlocked it and took me inside to the fireplace.

"Thanks a lot, Fred. I really had a great time." I said once we were at the fireplace.

"Me too." He replied and came closer to me. I knew it was coming. He was right in front of me when he gently brought his lips to mine and kissed them. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around him, he did likewise.

"Ahem." A voice from the doorway came. We broke apart. It was George.

"Well, well, well, Fred! I guess I owe you!" He handed a sack of galleons to Fred, "He didn't think he could get you to kiss him on the first date." He explained. I smiled.

"No worries! Well, see you Wednesday then!" I said. With that, I took some Floo Powder and went back to the Burrow where Ginny was waiting for the details.