We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Thoughts and Questions

"Oh my gosh! Did he kiss you?" Ginny almost screamed as soon as I was back to the Burrow.

"Not here, Ginny! Let's go upstairs so I don't have to repeat it to Hermione!" I answered. She giggled.

"You're dropping your accent! You only do that when you're super happy!" She said. I felt my face grow hot, but continued up the stairs to Ginny's room.

Hermione as waiting as Ginny and I walked through the door. I recounted every last detail I could remember.

"That's shallow of him! Kissing you only to win a bet!" Hermione said.

"No it wasn't. It was fine. It felt like he really meant it! I'm not bothered by it at all!" I explained and day-dreamed about the last few hours.

~Fred's POV~

"Why did you do that, George?" I said to my twin. Man! The moment was perfect! I had actually totally forgotten about our bet!

"I don't know! I didn't think you would be this mad! You can take a joke! Wow, you must really like her then!" He replied.

"Well, you would know all about that now, wouldn't you?" I said. As my twin, I had always told George everything that was on my mind. He knew exactly how long I had liked Renee for. And that accent! So hot! But then again, it would be hard to stay serious with her!
Sometimes someone just throws one at me and I have to be funny because a comeback just pops into my mind. But that was the cool thing about Renee. She understood. I've dreamed about her many times as I sleep. I don't know, but she could be the one for me! I've experienced that weird feeling in my stomach whenever I see her. Still, she's still in school, she's not ready for a serious relationship yet. She said she'd come back for the summer. That would be amazing! Man, now I won't be able to wait for the summer! I wonder if she feels the same way...

"Oh, no! I know that look on your face! And believe me, she's still in school, she's way too young for a serious relationship!" George said reading my thoughts.

"Why don't you count up our profits for the day, George, I'm tired. I'll go to bed early tonight." I told him. Right, the earlier I go to bed, the sooner Wednesday will come.

~Renee's POV~

The following days seemed to crawl by at an annoyingly slow pace. But finally, it was Tuesday night! I knew I wouldn't sleep that night! I thought the rest of the house could feel the intensity coming from me. Ginny and Hermione understood and it seemed that everyone else knew that Fred was going to ask me out.

Did I like him? As a friend, I had thought for all these years that I knew him. But as more than a friend? Maybe. He was defintely cute and that last summer I had spent working at the store really enhanced things. Now that I thought about it, I could remember the time when he helped me stock the shelves. His hand brushed against mine as we both reached up to the top shelf. I remembered the tingly feeling that shot up my arm from the spot where he touched me and made my whole body feel warm.

Yes, I concluded, I did like him as more than a friend. I dreamed of Fred that night. Was he the one for me? Still too early in the relationship to tell. It was only the remains of the first date that had me thinking about these things. But I was glad I did.