We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

School

The last four days of the Easter holidays went by way too fast and it was soon time to return to Hogwarts. Fred and George accompanied myself, Harry, Hermione and Ron outside to signal for the Knight Bus.

"I'll miss you." Fred said as he held me in his arms one last time until the summer.

"I'll write every day!" I said. He smiled. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before Harry signaled for the Bus. It appeared instantly. I climbed on last and waved one last time to the twins before getting on and it took off with a bang.

We were the only people on the Bus, besides some other Hogwarts students I didn't really know. So we arrived at Hogwarts a few minutes later.

I got back to the dorm and was instantly greeted by Rain and Gwen.

"Renée! I missed making fun of your accent!" Gwen teased. I rolled my eyes, same old Gwen, even a week of holidays hadn't changed her.

"Oh, but I didn't!" I laughed. Rain hugged me.

"So, anything worth reporting happen over the holidays?" She asked. She and Gwen exchanged knowing looks. Did everyone know that Fred and I were going out?

"Yeah, Fred asked me out!" I said, turning crimson. Rain screeched and hugged me again. Gwen just stood there.

"And, did you say yes?" She asked. That was Gwen, always needed all the details before celebrating!

"Of course I did!" I said as Rain clung to me.

"Don't tell me he's been in your mouth already?" Gwen asked. I turned darker.

"Oh my gosh, he has!" Rain screamed.

"No! He didn't!" Gwen objected. That was Gwen, the responsible one!

"Well, it wasn't on the first date!" I explained., "Plus, I'm French, what good can I be if I don't use a little tongue action?"

"Ewww! That's a little too much information!" Gwen said. Rain, however was rolling around on the ground laughing.

"You're so funny, Renée! You and Fred were made for each other!" She said through giggles.
All three of us stayed up late last night talking about the Easter holiday and boys. The usual routine. Which, of course, made us too late for any breakfast and we all went to classes hungry.

After the first day back, I went back to the dorm to find a letter waiting for me on my bed. It read:

'Dearest Renée,

Okay, so I can't be serious while I write a letter, it sounds too weird.

Things are going fine here. I'm counting the days down until you get off school. Sixty-three days. George says I'm lovesick. I say there's no such thing, then I started going out with you.

The store's good. Not as much business, but this time it's because all the Hogwarts students are back a school. Maybe we should open up a Hogsmeade location...It's been considered, but that was way back when the Toad was running things there. But then again, it's almost summer. I think we're going to stick to Diagon Alley for now.

Anyways, I'll sign off for now.

Love you all the time,

Sixty-three days,

Fred'

I read through it three times. I missed him so much! Maybe it wasn't the best thing for us to get together over the holidays, only to be separated for another sixty-three days!

I wrote a quick reply and sent it off with my barn owl, Hewet, before heading off to supper.

I got another owl from Fred every day, which pretty much said the same things, the only thing that changed was the number of days until we'd see each other. It was thirty-four days to go when a slightly different note arrived.

'Renée,

I can't take it anymore! I miss you too much. Meet me at Hogsmeade in the Three Broomsticks this weekend. I'll be there waiting for you.

Love you,

Fred'

There was a Hogsmeade weekend planned for the coming weekend. My heart jumped as I read the words. I blinked several times and pinched myself to make sure those were his very words and writing before I believed it.

The next three days passed agonizingly slowly as I awaited for Saturday. Finally, it came.