We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Thirty-one Days

The morning of the Hogsmeade visit, I dressed particularily carefully. What if Fred remembered me as be beautiful and flawless? I chose a bright green shortish flowing skirt and a white t-shirt with matching green designs on it. I left my hair down and curled it, and slipped an elastic around your wrist just in case it got too hot.

I met Rain and Gwen in the common room.

"Wow, you look fantastic! What's the occasion?" Rain asked. Oops! I forgot to tell them about Fred!

"Well, no uniform today, and Fred's visiting!" I said, hardly containing my excitement. Rain squeeled in an annoying high pitched voice.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Gwen demanded.

"I'm sorry! I guess it slipped my mind!" I apologized.

"When did he tell you?" She asked again. I almost laughed, I was so happy, yet, she still had questions.

"Wednesday I got his owl." I replied.

"Does this mean you're ditching us?" Rain asked coming back to earth.

"I don't know! You could probably tag along if you wanted." I said.

"I totally don't mind if you leave us! I mean, you haven't seen him since Easter! You see us all the time!" Rain explained.

"Well, why don't we see what he thinks? He's meeting us in The Three Broomsticks." I said.

"Okay! What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Gwen said. Was she excited now? I remembered she had a bit of a crush on the twins a while ago. Hm.....

We walked down the staircase that led to the entrance hall where we were prodded and poked by Filch's secrecy sensors. Finally, we were in Hogsmeade and on our way to the Three Broomsticks.

I walked into the not-so-crowded-yet bar and immediately spotted a familiar red head of hair sitting in one of the booths, his back facing the door. I ran up to him quietly and covered his eyes with my hands.

"Guess who?" I said in the deepest voice I could attempt.

"Renée!" He said, got up and spun around so we were face-to-face.

"How did you guess?" I asked, a little crestfallen that he had acutally guessed right!

"You're the only girl I know with a French accent!" He explained. Darn! The stupid accent strikes again! He was smiling, and I fell under his spell and had no choice but to smile back.

"Do you remember Rain and Gwen?" I asked after a moment.

"Oh no! Rain? Is that you?" Fred said as he slapped a hand to his forehead. Rain laughed.

"Sure is!" She replied.

"And Gwen? I remember you! So you're all still good friends, and nothing could change that?" He asked.

"Nope! Nothing!" Rain said as she put one arm around my shoulders and the other around Gwen's.

"Good! Then you won't mind if I steal Renee from you for a few hours?" He asked. Rain giggled again.

"Nope, that should be fine, me and Gwen can hang out." She replied.

"Cool. I'll be sure to bring her back at around three o'clockish." He said. I folded my arms across my chest. I didn't like the way this made me feel like a three-year-old having a play date arranged.

"Sweet, see you then!" Rain said and she led Gwen out of the bar.

"How about we go somewhere more private?" Fred suggested.

"That sounds awesome." I replied. He slipped his arm around my waist and took me outside.