Loser, Whatever!

Waiting

Okay, the hard part was over. My family was out of the house. Now I had a few hours to kill until Quidditch practice was over. I let my eyes wander as they searched for something to do. I smiled as the fell upon my notebook.

'True love, eh? Well that was something Fran had never considered before. She had thought about her wedding day and how it would look, but the groom was always a faceless stranger. Could the boy in front of her put a face to that stranger? As their eyes met, she felt a sensation not unlike an electric shock zip up her spine. Destry smiled, she must have flinched.

"Did you feel it too?" He asked.

"Was that amore allineare?" Fran answered with a question, breathless.

"It certainly was, I've been feeling it ever since I first laid eyes on you." He explained. Wow, so this was for real. She felt another shock zoom up her back. But wait a second...

"How long have you been following me?" She demanded.

"Ever since I found out your parents and three brothers were going to be killed in that car accident." He supplied, the smile left his face.

"But how did you find that out?" Fran didn't believe anyone could be able to know the future.

"It's this power I have, I'm able to see the future." He elaborated.

"Is that a vampire power?" Fran was excited, did this mean she could see the future too?

"No, I've had it my entire life, both human and vampire." He quickly explained.

"Oh, do you know how you got it?" Fran asked.

"No, idea." Destry shrugged his shoulders. There was silence as the two vampires pondered their own thoughts, enjoying the sensation of amore allineare.

"Wait, you said that the amore allineare was only part of the reason you brought me here, and you said I wasn't safe on Earth were those the only reasons? Can you tell me why I'm safer here?" The questions just kept coming, Fran didn't know how many she actually had until she got around to asking them.

"Yes, I guess you'll find out anyway," Destry decided,"You see, I saw that your family would die in that accident. I became curious, because naturally, I had already felt the amore allineare so I knew you would be important to me. I looked into your future again and saw group homes. You weren't happy and you were mistreated. You were covered with bruises and cuts and scars. It hurt me, so I decided it was time to bring you here." He explained.

There was silence again as Fran took as this new information in.

"Did you see that I would be happier here?" She asked.

"The future is a weird thing. Things change and people change their minds, so it's not set in stone, But when I made my mind up to bring you here, I did see that you would be much happier here than you would have been back on Earth." It was confusing, but Fran got the general idea.

"Did you see what happened to us?" She whispered. Destry stepped even closer, they were only a few inches apart.

"What do you mean?" He whispered back. Fran felt her cheeks burn.

"Like, do we fall in love?" She dropped her gaze and stared at her feet. She felt Destry's cold hand on her cheek as he lifted her face so it was looking into his.

"That all depends." He murmured.

"On what?" Fran looked into his beautiful eyes.

"On if you believe in true love." He closed the gap between their lips and kissed her. The feeling both vampires felt was indescribable. There was so much passion and lust in that kiss and none of them wanted to let that feeling go. It felt so right and Fran knew that she believed in true love, even if she had known this boy for only an hour or so, if this feeling was real, then this was right.

"I believe." She whispered as the gap opened for a fraction of a second, then she closed it again.

"But don't you think this is a little sudden?" He asked. He knew it wasn't too sudden, he had waited for so long to find his amore allineare he just worried that he might be taking it a bit too fast for her.

Fran paused to think. But only for a brief second.

"Don't we have forever, since we're immortal?" She clarified.

"We sure do." He answered.

"Then let's not waste a second of it." She said, allowing the sensation of amore allineare to overtake her.'

The doorbell rang and I jumped from my seat. I was so caught up in the story, I had lost track of the time. As moments passes, I remembered what was going on. That would be Oliver at the door.

I took a deep breath and got up from the sofa to open the door.