Loser, Whatever!

Knowing Me

I opened the door, and there he was. His long brown hair in his eyes, wearing a tan leather jacket and acid-washed jeans.

"Hey." He said as he walked in, shrugging out of his jacket.

"How was practice?" I asked.

"Not too bad, it was pretty much just training for the game this Friday against Falmouth. You'll be there right?" He replied, hanging up his jacket in the hall closet.

"Definitely, my dad had tickets to this game since February, as a birthday present." I answered.

"No way, it's your birthday on Friday? That's awesome!" He exclaimed, I turned red.

"So where's the rest of your family?" He asked looking around.

"My Dad's at work and my mom and brother are out." Geez, I had already forgotten which sports practice he had today.

"Oh, so what have you been up to?" He said wandering into the living room, "Hey, do you write?" He picked up the notebook I had carelessly thrown back onto the couch.

"Uh..." I didn't know ifI should lie or not, oh well, with Oliver, there's not lying, "Yeah..."

"Do you mind if I read it?" He asked, already flipping through the pages to find the beginning.

"Um..." It was too late, he had found the start and was reading. After a few seconds, he sat down on the couch to get comfortable. I was not comfortable as long as he was reading my story. I never thought anyone would want to read my stories.

"Can I hear the song?" He asked about about 15 minutes.

"What song?" I was drawing a blank here.

"The 'Your Guardian Angel' song." He clarified.

"Oh, sure." You walked to your room, Oliver following, where I turned my computer on, opened iTunes and played the song. There was total silence other than the music as both Oliver and I listened to the song.

"You know, this tells me a lot about you." Oliver said when the song finished.

"What?" That could have been the weirdest thing he had ever said to me.

"I can tell from your style of writing and the music that inspires you that you're lonely and you want companionship. You dream your your own Guardian Angel that will take you away from this life." He elaborated.

I thought about that. Everything he said was true.I had never really thought about it before, but it was the truth. And it had taken Oliver Wood of all people, to explain that to me. The only friend I had ever really had was Kasey, and he was a Muggle, so my parents didn't approve. I was definitely lonely. Maybe I was so lonely that I didn't know I needed companionship.

"I'm right, am I?" He asked, a smile creeping up his face. All I could do was nod my head.

He took my face in his hands and leaned in. Wait, was he trying to kiss me? I had never kissed anyone before, was I ready for this? Oh crap!

I was saved when we heard the front door open and we jumped apart.

"Bridgette? We're home!" It was my mother and brother. I heard her drop the car keys on the table. Oliver was still staring at me as if longing to kiss me. No one had ever stared at me that way before. Was it going to be like this forever? Was this what it felt like to have a boyfriend?

I was about to walk to the kitchen to find my mom, but Kurt rounded the corner and froze as he saw Oliver.

"Mommy, Mommy! Oliver Wood is in this house right now!!!" He was probably about to wet himself. I heard the set of footsteps that meant my mother was coming to investigate. Oliver snapped out of it and focused on the situation at hand.

"Oh, hello Mr. Wood. What a surprise to see you here." She was surprised, but not completely. She may have even been a bit annoyed with him for bothering her only daughter.

"Please, call me Oliver, Mrs. Eisenberg. I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'd visit Bridgette." She seemed to buy it, "Well, I'd better go, but it was nice seeing you Bridgette, I'll see you Friday." He walked out of my room, I heard the sound of the closet opening as he got his jacket, then the door opening as he left the house altogether.