Loser, Whatever!

Birthday

Finally, it was time to leave. Since I hadn't taken my apparation test within the past eight hours, I had to side-along apparate with my parents and, to my displeasure, Kurt.

We were just in time for the game. My dad had some pretty good contacts at the Ministry, so we got box seats this time instead of the usual seats Oliver reserved for us. It would have been relaxing, if Kurt had been able to sit still!

"How long has it been?" He squirmed in his seat.

"Well, in one minute, it will have been exactly a minute and a half." I mumbled. Luckily, no one heard me.

"Ten minutes, dear." My mother looked at her watch. I was taken by surprise. I was so into the game, I had lost track of the time. Or rather, I was so preoccupied with watching Oliver.

Puddlemere was up 10-0, but the Flacons had more shots. They were moving to quickly, the only way I could tell the difference between the teams was the navy blue of Puddlemere and the grey and white of Falmouth. It continued that way for another half hour and the only change was the score, 50-10 to Puddlemere. There was the occaisional chorus of 'Beat Back Those Bludgers, Boys, and Chuck That Quaffle Here' whichwas the traditional Puddlemere song.

I always hated it when I wasn't paying attention and then someone scored, because then the crowd all of a sudden cheered and gave me a heart attack. That happened when the Snitch was caught. I practically jumped out of my seat and my eyes flew out of their sockets trying to figure out who had won. It didn't take long to figure it out. There was a cluster of blue robes on the left side of the pitch and a glint of gold as the Seeker held up the captured Snitch.
I immediately joined in the cheering, standing up and jumping around the box, I had never been to a home game where the team had won before. The euphoria was incredible! However, next time that happens, hopefully my family, or at least my little brother, wouldn't be present.

"Can we go now?" Kurt whined.

"Of course, sweetie." My mother wrapped her arm around his shoulder and led the rest of us out.

I was kind of hoping to see Oliver and celebrate the win with him, but now I was starting to think that I should never bring Kurt to another Quidditch game. He never stopped complaining about how boring it was. Oh well, maybe next time. He was bust celebrating with the team anyway.

"Bridgette!" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I whipped around, and there he was, "Happy birthday!"

He landed next to me in the box, "We won!" He reminded me just in case I had forgotten. I was just about to saw something, when he picked me up, twirled me around, scaring me half to death, again. He put he down and kissed me.

This time, I had no time to think about or anticipate it wondering if this was right or not. But as soon as his lips touched mine, I knew it was right. At first, I was too surprised to react, but then I relaxed and started kissinghim back. In all of my dreams, I had never pictured anything like this. It was soft and gentle as his lips molded into mine, yet passionate at the same time. We broke apart and smiled, staring into each other's eyes until I felt a hand on my wrist and it pulled me away.

Okay, so I was caught up in the moment and completely forgot my family was there and were watching the whole thing. That was not the way I pictured my first kiss. And yes, my father is very over-protective, but I'm seventeen now! I can move out and live my own life if I wanted. I replayed the scene in my mind as my father's grip tightened, if that were even possible, and he apparated us all home.

As soon as we were home, he threw me into a chair. Fury was written all over his face.

"What did we discuss earlier on this week?" He shouted. My mom had disappeared with Kurt.

"That wasn't my fault! It wasn't like I asked him to kiss me." I defended myself.

"But you still went ahead and let him!" He bellowed.

"What else was I supposed to do? Push him off me?" I demanded. I never faught with my parents. They didn't seem to care enough about what I did to fight about it. All of a sudden he got this look in his eyes, a blank one as if he were concentrating on something far away. I recognized it as the look he got when my mother was communicating something to him over a distance. No doubt she had heard the shouting and tried to intervene.

"It's too late now, but promise me, again, that you'll be more careful in the future." He lowered his voice.

"I promise." I mumbled, butloud enough for him to hear. His face was turning purple, so I knew he had a lot more to yell at me, but he restrained himself and walked away. A few seconds later I heard him ranting at the top of his voice to my mom. I tuned it out and walked to my room. I jumped onto my bed and cried.

Why was life so unfair? I had finally met the guy of my dreams and my parents totally disapproved! It was even worse because I was seventeen now and they had no right to lecture me like that anymore. If I knew any better, I would do what Oliver had thought I was doing the other day and run away. But I wouldn't do that. I'd wait until after graduation.

The early hour I had woken up at eventually caught upwith me and I fell asleep on my tear-streaked pillow.

I woke up a few hours later and looked at the clock. 9:34pm. Would Oliver be online? I needed to talk to him so bad. The house was quiet. It was a Saturday tomorrow and my parents were likely already asleep because of the drowsiness that came with raising Kurt.

I pulled my laptop out and turned it on, signing into MSN as soon as it loaded. Score! He was online!

Bridgette says:
Hey!

Oliver says:
Hey! What was up with your parents today? Are they usually like that?

Bridgette says:
No, they usually don't have enough time to care about what I do.

Oliver says:
Oh, happy birthday, by the way!

Bridgette says:
Thanks! Congrats on the win!

Oliver says:
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about that myself. So seventeen, eh? You're legally an adult now.

Bridgette says:
I know, and it's taking all my will power not to move out.

Oliver says:
Really? You could move in with me.

Bridgette says:
No, that's okay. But bring it up again if you ever want to see my parents have an aneurism.

Oliver says:
lol, I got you a present, btw.

Bridgette says:
You really didn't have to.

Oliver says:
I know, but I wanted to. I would have given it to you today, but you left so suddenly.

Bridgette says:
You gave me all I wanted for my birthday already.

Oliver says:
Yeah, but your family was there.

Bridgette says:
True.

Oliver says:
Can I come over tomorrow?

Bridgette says:
You'd better wait for the dust to clear. How about Sunday?

Oliver says:
Works for me. See you then!

Bridgette says:
Bye

I don't know why, but for some reason, those three letters were the hardest to type.