Loser, Whatever!

Goodbyes

After dinner, Oliver and I apparated to a spot a few blocks from my house as it was almost 9:00 and my curfew was 11:00. We both decided it would be a better impression for him to bring me home early.

He once again took my hand in his as we started off in the direction of my house.

"Did you have a good time this afternoon?" He asked tentatively.

"I had an amazing time. I'm really glad we organized this." I replied.

"That's good. Just so you know, I'm going to be busy for the next couple of weeks with the ending of pre-season and then training for the World Cup. So you probably won't see me until the 26th. But I will pick you up at 7:00 sharp that evening." He explained, "Will I see you at games?"

"Of course. I've never missed one since you gave methe tickets." I assured him.

"Cool. And just a word from experience, if reporters ask you questions, it's best if you answer them. Otherwise, they'll make up stories about you, and we don't want that." He advised.

"That makes sense." I mused.

"Have they requested an interview?" He asked. You thought back to yesterday morning with all the mail.

"Yes." I answered.

"What did you do?" He asked.

"I threw it out." I replied truthfully. He laughed.

"Oh well, I guess we can tell them it got lost in all the rest of the mail you got. But still, interviews aren't a good idea. At least, I don't think so. Wear those sunglasses at games." He chuckled.

"Will they ever leave me alone?" I queried.

"No." He answered simply.

"That's comforting." I mumbled loud enough for him to hear. He laughed again. By now we had reached my driveway and I could see lights in the windows.

"I guess this is goodbye for a while." I reflected.

"Only for a couple weeks. You could get some more writing in!" He suggested.

"That's not a bad idea." I agreed.

"Just let me know when you have more done, I still want to read it." He said.

"No worries." I smiled. He took my shoulders in his hands and kissed me ever so softly, yet beautifully for one last time.

"I'll see you later on this week." He promised.

"Will do." I called back, for I had already started walking up the steps that led to my front door. As I walked in, I heard the faint pop as he apparated.

"I'm home." I called to the living room where my parents were no doubt waiting. I set my bag down and walked into the room.

"How was it?" My mother asked politely. I glanced at my father, he seemed relaxed enough and was reading the Prophet, which was a good sign.

"It was a lot of fun." I answered tentatively.

"I'm glad you had a good time." My father mumbled over his newspaper. I secretly hoped there was nothing mentioned about Oliver Wood's love life in there, "You'd better get to bed."

It was only 9:00, but I didn't dare tell him so. It was lucky enough that he seemed to be in a good mood, I'd better not push it. So I washed my face, brushed my teeth, undressed and went to bed.

The next few weeks were excruciatingly boring. But there was a lot to do. My mother always found new chores to do and the house was sparkling after a week. But still, I managed to find time to write.

'This world seemed to good to be true for Fran. She had everything she ever wanted. She was pretty, if she did say so herself, she was happy and, of course, she had the man of her dreams. Most of their days were spent singing along with Destry's guitar or otherwise just enjoying each other's company. It was so perfect, Fran was starting to question how a place could be so amazing.

Life was good, and they had been there together for about six months now. The day started normal, but then Destry started talking about topics they had never talked about before.

"You remember that song, Your Guardian Angel that I played with you the first time we met?" He asked onenight when they were just laying in a field, gazing up at the stars. Fran was positioned with her head resting on Destry's chest and Destry had both his arms wrapped around her.

"Of course." Fran answered.

"I believe that you're my Guardian Angel." He told her. She smiled.

"Are you serious? If anyone's a Guardian Angel, it's you. You've been watching out for me since you felt this amore allineare." She retorted.

"But I really do believe that you would do anything for me, like the song implies." He clarified.

"Of course I would." Fran repeated.

"And I would do absolutely anything for you." He assured her.

"What are you getting at, Destry?" Fran queried.

"I just want you to still be able to have a normal life." He explained himself.

"It's a little late for that, we're vampires." Fran pointed out.

"No, it's not. There's a place where vampires can go." He retorted.

"What are you talking about?" Fran sat up so she could look him in the eyes properly.

"Do you still want to be human, Fran?" He asked seriously.

"No, then I wouldn't be able to be with you." She answered stubbornly.

"I would come with you." He assured her.

"Well, then. I guess I wouldn't mind so much going back to Earth." She concluded.

"We wouldn't be going back to Earth, it's too risky for vampires." He explained.

"You asked if I wanted ot be human, what does that have to do with anything?" Fran was getting frustrated now.

"It means everything." His voice was still calm, "I've heard of this place we can go where vampires can have a chance at mortality."

Fran was silent for a moment while she pondered this, "We can go back as humans?" She was awestruck, "Why did you just change back into a human then come back to Earth, where we could have lived normally?"

"Because I might have creeped you out. I wanted you to feel the amore allineare before we did anything else. Plus, I have no idea where this place is." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh, do you have any clues?" Fran's shoulders slumped.

"It's somewhere in the Space Between, I just don't know where." He surrendered all his information.

"Some Keeper of the Space Between you are! Well then, that explains why all vampires are happy here, maybe this place isn't too far." Fran was optimistic.

"What do you mean?" Destry asked.

"Well, you told me a while ago that you would have been happier if we were humans and back on Earth." She remembered.

"I'm still as happy as I've ever been as long as you're here." Destry corrected.

"Right, as am I. But it makes sense, doesn't it? If all vampires just want to be human again to be happy, and this is the place where they're all happy, we can't be far off." She tried to explain.

"Fran, this place is huge, much bigger than Earth." He explained.

"But you asked me if I wanted to be human, and you said yourself that you wanted to go back to normal. I think we should at least try." She pleaded. He smiled.

"I was hoping you'd say that." He took her face in his hands and kissed her.'

This was pretty much all I have time for between housework and Quidditch games. There were a few reporters that recognized me, and with recognition, came hatred from other fans. I took Oliver's advice and answered questions. He always came to see me after games, no matter how short a time we had together.

Before I knew it, it was the day of the English Quidditch World Cup Team's Banquet.