Loser, Whatever!

Kasey

Janna and I walked out of the stadium together and were joined by Jered and Oliver. I knew that Janna and Jered weren't going to have eyes for anyone other than each other, so it gave me and Oliver some time alone together that we hadn't had in a while. He wrapped his arm around me and held me close.

"Can we go back to my neighborhood?" I asked.

"Why do you want to go home?" He pouted, "The party hasn't even started yet!"

"I didn't say 'home', I said 'neighborhood'. There's someone I want you to meet." I clarified.

"Oh, who?" He relaxed.

"My friend Kasey." I replied.

"What should I know about him?" He asked, I looked up at him confused, "You know, some people are sensitive to some things so I shouldn't bring certain subjects up."

"Oh! Well, he's a Muggle and he doesn't know where I really go during the year, he thinks I got to boarding school. He's a year older than me, so he's between you and I. I think that's all. There are some people sensitive about their red hair, he's not, so you can mention it if the opportunity arises." I explained.

"Got it, where should we apparate?" He asked.

"Uh, what about the cafe? Then we could look as if we walked the entire way." I suggested. He laughed.

"Allright, hold my hand." He commanded, this was obeyed without hesitation.

The Kleine Cafe appeared in front of us and thankfully, no one was around to notice the two teenagers that materialized out of no where. I did let go off his hand as we walked towards my house. He didn't object, why would he?

"Where does he live?" Oliver asked.

"To the left of my house." I answered.

"Got it." In a few seconds, we were in front of Kasey's house. I knew he would be home, because he was such a computer geek and never got any sun.

"I'll go warm him up to the idea of you first, why don't we meet you in the park?" I was suddenly nervous about the idea of my two best friends meeting.

"That's okay, I'll wait here." He stayed put where he was as I walked up to the front door and knocked. His mom answered.

"Why, hello Bridgette! I haven't seen you in a while! And who is this young man?" She winked.

"This is my boyfriend, Oliver Wood." I answered and Oliver came up the front steps to shake her hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Oliver. I always thought it would be Kasey who would win the heart of this young woman, but I guess I was mistaken." She smiled. Oliver looked agast and turned to me for an explanation. I just burned scarlet.

"Is Kasey home, Mrs Montgomery?" I asked, looking at my feet.

"He is, hold on a second and I'll get him." She disappeared into the house. Oliver faced me.

"What was that about?" He demanded, he was smiling, but his eyes were not entirely friendly.

"It was just that Kasey was my only friend and my parents were afraid I would end up marrying him, but his parents were basically already planning our wedding, don't worry, he's nothing more than a friend." I quickly explained. His eyes softened, "Wait a minute, you aren't jealous, are you?"

He opened his mouth to reply, but it was at that moment that Kasey and his mom reappeared.

"Bridgette! I haven't seen you since last summer!" He looked the same as ever, pale complexion with short red hair. He wore no glasses, but I could see purple bruise-like bagues under his eyes. He hadn't shaved for a few days, and the result was quite scary. He pulled me into a bear hug, then he noticed Oliver and let go quickly.

"Who's this?" He pointed at him.

"Kasey, this is my boyfriend Oliver Wood." I introduced them. Oliver offered his hand and Kasey shook it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kasey, I've heard so much about you." He said politely. Where did that come from? I hadn't mentioned Kasey until a few minutes ago to Oliver.

"Boyfriend, eh? Well, if my girl's happy, I'm happy for you guys. But Oliver," He lowered his voice, his mom had already gone back inside, "If you dare touch her, you'll have me to answer to."

I almost laughed. I pictured thin, scrawny Kasey against the muscular wizard Oliver Wood. It wasn't hard to picture who would win, but the gesture was nice.

"You won't have to worry about that, Kasey. I have no inentions of hurting her." Oliver assured him.

"Why don't you come with us for a walk, Kasey, you look like you could use some sun." I suggested.

"I can't. I'm in the middle of something on the computer at the moment, and I really should be getting back to it." He explained.

"Oh, c'mon, Kasey! I haven't seen you since last summer!" I argued.

"Come back tomorow, I'd be glad to spend some time with you then." He answered.

"But Oliver won't be around tomorrow." I pouted.

"Oh well, maybe some other time." Kasey looked somewhat pleased that Oliver wouldn't be there tomorrow. He turned back inside and shut the door behind him.

"Charming fellow. I see exactly what you see in him." Oliver teased. We both laughed and he wrapped his arm around me once again as we walked away.