Loser, Whatever!

Shattered

The next few days, I never left my room. There was off and on crying, and I rarely changed my clothes. I didn't eat and my mom was starting to worry.

When I had the sense, I remembered my computer. I jumped out of bed and wrenched open the drawer that contained it. I gasped. It was empty. My laptop was gone! How did he find out? This caused more tears and I eventually cried myself to sleep.

After a week, my mom forced me to eat something. I had lost weight and she was scared. I didn't have much time to be scared. Oliver was in all of my thoughts. By now, the Quidditch finals would be coming soon. I wondered if England had made it. I opened my window and let some fresh air come in. I changed out of my smelly pyjamas into clean ones, but I didn’t come out of my room.

It was a week until school started when I finally got out of bed and outside. I found out that my dad had disposed of my computer and was monitoring the mail. He was tracking Oliver and sent him away whenever he came. It surprised me that he came at all. He probably hated me.

England lost their second game against Japan. Jered managed to catch the Snitch, but Oliver had let in too many goals. The newspaper said it was lack of trying. A couple weeks after this newspaper, another one announced our break-up. A few reporters thought I was pregnant, and this did not comfort my father. Was it possible that Oliver still cared? If he couldn’t play properly for England’s second game, could he have been too distracted with the fact that my father shut the door in his face? Had he sent me emails? My dad wouldn't tell me if he had sent me any letters, but that made me think that he had, my dad just didn't want me to know about it.

Could he still love me? He never told me before that he loved me. But then again, he said that it felt as if we had been going out for three months, could that mean he was committed to me?

I hadn't eaten much in the past few weeks. I didn't gain much of what I lost, and I was pale from lack of sunlight. I spent most of the last week of summer outdoors, trying to get a tan so no one would ever know how broken up I was over Oliver.

The train ride to Hogwarts was more or less the same as ever. Actually, I was worried people wouldn't leave me alone, so I dressed in dark colours and wore my big sunglasses Oliver had gotten me to hide my face. I made sure I had a compartment to myself and stuck my iPod headphones in. Luckily, I had found a way of magically charging my iPod so I didn't have to plug it in the computer. I turned it on and hit 'Shuffle'. Just my luck, the first song to play was 'Your Guardian Angel'.

I started crying again. It didn’t take much to set me off these days. I never felt any impulse to continue my story. Oliver was gone, so he'd never read it. He had read me like a book once he heard this song, he knew me so well!

I tried to hold the tears back, but they kept coming. I hit 'Skip' and another song started. This one was upbeat, so I managed to control my tears for the rest of the ride.

Unfortunately, I couldn't keep my sunglasses on for the feast. I seriously thought of skipping, but my mother made me swear I’d eat. So I had no other option but to attend the feast. I'd have to face them sooner or later. As soon as the sunglasses came off, people gawked. Something about my expression must have told them not to disturb me, and for that I was truly grateful for that. I ate quickly, not paying attention to what I was eating or what Dumbledore was saying. I just wanted to get out of there as soon as I could.

After what seemed like forever, he finally dismissed us and I ran to the Ravenclaw Tower. When I got there, I couldn't answer the question. I had no choice but to wait there for a Prefect. It was Aimie who saved me.

"Hey, Bridgette!" She said. She opened her mouth again, no doubt to ask about my summer, but she stopped herself.

"Hey Aimie." I replied politely, "So you're a Prefect, congratulations."

"Oh, I was quite surprised myself when I got the letter." She admitted. Why was she talking to me? She never talked to me before. Yet, she was the one I thought was most likely to talk to me out of the 'Triple A'. The Triple A was a clique of three girls who’s names all started with A. Alyssa was pretty much the leader with light blonde hair and bright blue eyes and a fantastic complexion. Amanda had been Alyssa's best friend since birth, they said. She had dirty blonde hair and green eyes, she was the most talkative of the three and was very curious. Aimie was the shy and quiet one. I’m not sure where she really fit in, I guess it was because of her beauty. She had golden hair and light blue eyes and very soft skin. Unfortunately, these girls were all in my year and in my house, so I had to share a dorm with them since first year. Luckily, they knew I was different and didn't bother me much. They just let me listen to my Quidditch games in peace. Something told me this year was going to be different.

As soon as Aimie said the password, I hurried to the dorm where I found my truck already waiting. I hadn't thought this out properly. Any minute, the rest of those girls would be coming in. I had nowhere to hide!

I decided to busy myself with unpacking. Most of the school probably thought I was pregnant anyway, so maybe they would leave me alone. But time would eventually tell that I was not pregnant and then I wouldn't have a plan.
I heard giggling in the staircase and I knew my time alone wap. A hush fell over the three girls as they entered the room.

"So, Bridgette, how was your summer?" Alyssa had no problems asking me about stuff I was uncomfortable with. I didn't answer.

"Is Oliver Wood a good kisser?" Asked Amanda. Still, I said nothing.

"Is it true he knocked you up?" Alyssa persisted.

"No." Was all I could say for the time being. I didn't have much stuff to unpack, maybe I could escape to the halls and walk around for a bit. Nope, there would be more people in the halls than in my dormitory.

"Is it your fault England lost the World Cup?" Amanda teased. I almost, almost shouted at them, but I kept my temper and didn't. Instead, I jumped into bed, fully clothed, and pulled the curtains around my bed shut.

"Leave her alone guys, she's had a tough summer." Aimie mumbled. I was grateful. They didn't bug me for the rest of the night.

The next couple of months progressed like that. No mail came, as I hoped it would. No doubt my father had people monitoring my mail coming to Hogwarts as well as coming to our house. There should be a law stating that a person's parents can't interfere in their lives anymore once they're of age.

The girls sometimes teased, but left me alone for the most part. I was living for the Christmas holidays. I hated it here. One consolation was that it was my last year.