Loser, Whatever!

Return

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Oliver asked when the combined shower was over.

"Definitely." I answered. We got our coats on and he offered me his arm, I looped mine through his and we were off.

"I’ve really missed you." He said.

"I missed you too." I replied.

"So, what have you been up to for these past two years?" He asked.

"I finished up Hogwarts and now I’m just about to finish my first year at Healing school." I supplied.

"Healing? Oh yeah, you mentioned that." He sounded incredulous.

"Is that so hard to believe?" I laughed.

"No, but I thought you’d do something less adventurous. So how many years are you in school for?"

"Two."

"That’s not much."

"There’s not much to learn that I haven’t already studied at Hogwarts." I explained.

"Ah, I see. So you’ll apply for St Mungo’s then?"

"I guess...I haven’t really thought about it yet. What have you been up to?" I changed the subject.

He was quiet and thoughtful for a while.

"I really don’t remember." He said finally. I stopped in my tracks.

"What do you mean you don’t remember?" I demanded.

"Bridgette, ever since we were separated, I had nothing to live for. I seriously considered suicide, but my friends talked me out of it. So instead, I guess I closed up and refused to let anyone in. I tried to avoid all the memories I had with you, but they consumed me and I was depressed. I still can’t believe you’re back. I’m scared I’m going to wake up anytime soon and I’ll be in worse condition than ever." He explained. I took both of his hands in mine.

"Don’t worry about that. I’m not a dream and I’m not going away." I assured him. He stroked the ring on my left hand.

"I guess that’s one consolation, I know you’re not a dream because you’re engaged." He mumbled.

"Hey, we went over this, I’m not going to be engaged for much longer." I reminded him.

"But just think about it, Bridgette. If your father hadn’t intervened, this could have been our combined shower and we would be the ones getting married this summer!" He roared. If I didn’t know what he had been through these past few years, I would have backed off, but I didn’t. Instead I wrapped my arms around his large muscular frame and held him tight. He responded and brought his arms around me.

"That’s not what happened, though." I whispered.

"I know, but you have no idea how much I wish it had." He whispered back.

"We’re together again, that’s all that matters." I reminded him.

"Mmm." He breathed into my hair. I don’t know how long we stood there in each other’s arms, but we eventually let go.

"I should get back, I told Rick I’d be back before noon and it’s already 1:00." I said.

"Who’s Rick? The fiancé?" Oliver asked.

"Yes." I replied my tone indifferent.

"You don’t have to go. You can stay with me!" He suggested.

"Oliver, Rick’s the kind of guy who has influences and they’ll be out looking for me if I don’t get back. Plus, I need to finish up the school year." I explained.

"Well, I guess that makes sense." He said reluctantly.

"Don’t worry, I’m in this wedding too, so we’ll be seeing a lot of each other." I assured him.

"Can I at least apparate with you?" He suggested.

"I don’t think that’s a good idea." I warned him.

"Why not?"

"Rick insisted on staying at my house until I got back." I explained.

"Why? Does he have obsessive compulsive disorder or something?" He asked. I laughed.

"Not that I’m aware of. Anyway, he doesn’t know about you." I replied.

"Oh." He said, "Will he ever?"

"I don’t know. I guess he’ll want to know why I’m not marrying him anymore." I mused, "Would you like him to know about you?"

"Do you think he’d react badly?" He asked.

"Probably." I answered.

"Okay, then just explain to him that you don’t want to marry him anymore." He said.

"That could work." I agreed.

"So, the next time I see you, will it be okay for us to be seen together?" He asked, we were walking back to the house now.

"I wouldn’t count on it." I said.

"Why not?" He was appalled.

"I just don’t want to have to live with him for the rest of the school year." I said.

"Coward." He smiled.

"That’s me." By now we had reached the front gate.

"Don’t go." He whispered.

"I promise I’ll be back." I assured him. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me once again.

"I need to go." I said when he finished.

"Just one more." He breathed. I obliged as he pulled me in closer and our lips met again.

"Oliver..." I started, he wouldn’t let go.

"Okay, fine. Go, but I’ll be writing." I smiled and waved at him one last time as I stepped though the gate and apparated back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is all I have for now, from now on, all updates will be a lot slower, one, maybe two a day. Just so you all know..