Loser, Whatever!

Unbelievable

As soon as the coast was clear, I rounded on Oliver.

"What did you do that for?" I shouted. That wiped the smile off his face.

"What do you mean? I thought you wanted me to do it." He asked innocently. He obviously had no idea what he just did.

"I told you I was going to break it off after exams, there's still a month and a half until exams are over!" I yelled. He crossed the meadow and placed his arms on my shoulders.

"But now he knows the truth. Don't you think he'd be mad if you put it off? He'd think you were being unfair to him." He explained. I shrugged his hands off my shoulders.

"But now I have to go to school with him and I'll hurt every time I see how miserable he is. He was so set on this wedding!" I retorted.

"Is that what this is all about? You don't want to have to ever face him again? Bridgette, you have another year of school with him, you're going to have to face him sooner or later." He replied.

"That's not the point. I thought it might be easier for him if I gave him the summer. And me." I said, my yells calming down a bit.

"That's kind of shallow of you." Oliver whispered. I snapped my head back up at him.

"You think I'm a coward?" I was bellowing now.

"Well, in a way, yeah. He was too though, he didn't even say goodbye, he just left." Oliver tried to calm me down, but I turned away and tried to get as far away was humanly possible from him, "Bridgette, I love you. So much. I honestly thought I was doing you a favour here."

"Well, you didn't. Now go away." I rounded back on him.

"Bridgette, don't be this way. I did it because I love you. I want you so bad, and it was torture for me to have you pretend to like someone else. I didn't even know you were pretending. You said you loved him!"

"I did love him." I let that sit there for a bit.

"Bridgette..." He started, I interrupted.

"I told you to leave me alone." With that, I turned on the spot and Apparated back to my house. I ran inside, knowing that he would be sure to follow, and locked the door behind me. I threw myself onto a couch and just started bawling.

Soon enough, there was a pounding on door.

"Bridgette, I know you're in there!" Oliver yelled.

"Go away!" I screamed back. He must have been able to tell I was crying.

The next thing I knew, his arms were around me. I don't know how he got in and I tried to push him off, but he just held me tighter. After a moment, I gave up and threw my arms around him and let my tears soak into his shirt.

"Shh... It's okay. I'm here." Oliver whispered into my hair. He gently rocked me back and forth on his lap, it made me feel like a five year old after a temper tantrum, but I didn't care. I deserved to feel this way.

He didn't say anything else. He just held me to his chest while the tears eventually slowed. Then, my sobs were silent.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you." I whispered. He pulled my chin up so he could look into my eyes.

"You had every right to. I should have asked before I acted." He said. He was too nice. I burried my face into his neck.

"I love you." I murmured.

"That's what I wanted to hear." I could tell he was smiling. He lifted my face back up to his and kissed me.

My lips tasted like snot and salt, but he didn't care. He placed his hands on the back of neck to pull me as close as he could. We fit together perfectly. Like two puzzle pieces. I regretted yelling at him. I felt so bad. I didn't deserve to have him kiss me this way.

"The wedding's still on?" He asked as he moved down to my neck.

"It was never off." I replied.

"When?" He breathed.

"I don't know. Soon." I replied.

"This summer?" I was willing to give in to anything he asked at this point.

"Of course." I answered.

"I love you." He repeated.

"I don't deserve it." I replied.

"Of course you do. I spent a year thinking, and hoping, that you would still love me if we ever got the chance to be together again. If there's anyone who doesn't deserve it, it's me for taking you for granted."

"We're even then." I concluded. He smiled and brought his lips back to mine.