Loser, Whatever!

Uh...

I must have fallen asleep sitting there in Oliver's arms. I woke up to a sharp pain in my cheek. Closer investigation showed me that I had fallen asleep with my cheek under my left hand, where Rick's ring had dug in. It was dark outside, Oliver was gone and a sweet aroma was coming from the kitchen. I closed my eyes again and tried to figure out what had just happened.

While we were on the subject of rings, I took the ring off my finger and threw it into a corner. Oliver was right. But wait...

Oliver had also asked if the wedding was still on. Well of course it wasn't! I had just broken up with Rick. But something told me he meat a different wedding. Did I get engaged again last night when I was totally not in my right mind?

I got up and headed for the kitchen where Oliver, no doubt, was.

"Well, look who's finally awake!' He greeted me. I smiled and rubbed my eyes.

"I didn't know you knew how to cook." I pointed out.

"I don't. Do these eggs look fine?" He asked. I chuckled and headed over to the frying pan where two brown globs sat.

"Yeah." I lied.

"You liar." He smiled. Crap, I forgot he knew when I was lying.

"I'll eat it anyway, I'm starved. What time is it?" I asked.

"9:30. You slept for most of the afternoon." He answered as he flipped the eggs to two plates.

"I get really tired when I cry." I supplied.

"Ah, that would explain it." He smiled and brought the plates to the kitchen table where there were already forks and salt. I doused mine in salt then scambled it with the back of my fork. It was yellower inside, which was good. "Speaking of crying, what happened to your ring?"

"I threw it at the wall." I answered. He laughed.

"Then I suppose you won't mind if I replaced it." Now was the time to get answers.

"What do you mean?" I sat rigid and stared at him.

"If I recall properly, you agreed to marry me this summer last night." He reminded me.

"Oh, I thought I just dreamed that part." I said. He laughed.

"Was it a good dream, or a nightmare?"

"A good one, I never dared believe it was real!" I replied.

"Would it have seemed more real if I did it properly?" He querried.

"What do you mean?" I repeated. He grinned and got up from the table to kneel on one knee in front of me. He took my hand in his.

"Bridgette Eisenberg, I have no idea how or if I would ever be able to live without you again. I'm surprised I managed it the first time, but I know I never ever want to do it again. I promise to love you for as long as I live. Will you marry me?" He took a sparkling white gold band out of his pocket with a glimmering diamond set in the middle with two smaller diamonds on either side.

"Oliver, when did you get me a ring?" I asked. I don't know why, but this was the first thing that came to my head.

"Answer my question first and I'll consider answering yours. My knee hurts." He answered. I laughed.

"Of course I'll marry you!" I exclaimed. He grinned even wider, got up and wrapped his arms around me. My lips searched for his and eventually found them.

I kissed him gently, but he deepened it hungrily. He moved his hands to the nape of my neck and I moved mine to the back of his head.

"I love you." He whispered into my hair.

"I kind of figured. So, when did you get me a ring?" I reminded him of my previous question.

"Two summers ago, when we had been dating for almost a month." He answered as he placed the ring on my left hand.

"That long ago?" I asked.

"I knew the way this was going to turn out, I just didn't expect we would have to wait this long." He explained.

"Can't we wait until I'm a bit older?" I asked. His face fell.

"Nineteen?" He asked, hopeful.

"My father would flip if I get married in my teens." i reminded him.

"We're going to tell your father?" He asked, incredulous. Oops, I forgot.

"Maybe we shouldn't..." I back-tracked.

"We could have a small wedding this summer, once you're nineteen. I'll take you to meet my parents and it'll just be my relatives." He compromised.

"I finally get to meet your parents?" I confirmed.

"Of course, you'll have to sooner or later. Speaking of which, we won't be able to keep this quiet for too long. I'm sort of famous, and they've asked me to be on England's team this year again. the news will leak out that we're married."

"Oliver, that's great! If you're going to be on the national team, maybe we should hold the wedding off until after the World Cup." I suggested, "We wouldn't want our honeymoon to mess with the games."

"You have a point there. So a Fall wedding?" He confirmed.

"I've always wanted to get married in the Fall. It's such a pretty season." I mused. He laughed.

"Alright, Fall it is. Should we go after exams to meet my family?"

"Of course! I've always wanted to meet your family."

"It's not much of a show."

"That's what you said about your house, and look how that turned out."