Loser, Whatever!

Exams

My weekends that had been dedicated to planning my previous wedding had changed to planning my current wedding. That sounded bad, but I knew this time it would work out!

"How's Fran doing?" Oliver brought up one night after we had bought the wedding rings (White gold set with five small diamonds in the front).

"Huh?" For a second, I had no idea who he was talking about, then I clued in.

"You know, from that story you were writing two summers ago. Don't tell me you haven't finished that yet!" He contorted his face in mock horror.

"I couldn't. I mean, I tried," I answered truthfully, "But it reminded me too much of you, and that hurt too much."

"Can I see it again? I need to refresh my memory." He asked.

"Sure, I'll have to see if I can find it." We had reached my house by now and I was unlocking the front door.

"I'll wait." He replied as I got the door open and he settled himself on the sofa in the front room. I chuckled as I headed up to my room.

Where could it be? I definitely emptied my room when I moved out. SO it had to be here somewhere.

It took a while until I ruled out my dresser and chest of drawers, having searched those. Oliver would be wondering what happened to me. I sighed, spun and my eyes locked on my closet. I headed there next, pulled a box out of the shelf above my clothes.

It was dusty and inside was a bunch of junk I must have thrown in in my desperation to get out of that house. I pulled a few Quidditch action figures out, one of them being none other than Oliver Wood, when I found my familiar tattered old notebook.

I flipped through the pages to make sure the story was still there. I don't know why, but it just seemed fit to do it. It was there. I found the start and left it open so Oliver could read it. The truth was, I probably needed a bit of a refreshing before I finished it.

"What took you so long?" He asked as I thundered down the stairs, still sitting comfortably in the sofa.

"I told you I had to find it." I reminded him and handed him the book..

"Why is it all dusty?" He shook some dust off the pages.

"It's been there for a while." I supplied.

"No worries, the story's still here." With that, he put his feet up on the sofa and started the story. I took a seat at his feet and placed them in my lap. Eww, never mind that! The smell made me place them back on the ground. He chuckled slightly, then turned back to the wrinkled pages.

After about twenty minutes, he put it down.

"What do you think?" I asked nervously, as if his opinion might have changed since he first read it.

"Do they ever get back to Earth?" He asked.

"I asked you first." I accused him, smiling.

"It's great! I love it, you should definitely finish it." He handed the book back to me, "Now, do they ever get back?"

"You'll have to wait and see. I now know how it's going to turn out, but you'll just have to wait until I've finished it." I grinned.

"That's no fair. I'm your fiancé! Surely, you have no secrets from me." He pointed his finger at me.

"It's not a secret, you'll find out eventually." I said. "Now if you don't mind, exams start tomorrow and I should be studying."

He helped me study until late that night, then kissed me goodnight and left.

With Oliver there rooting for me, exams went along fine. It was definitely a little awkward with Rick there in two of them, I could tell he noticed my new ring. But it was over soon. Before I knew it, they were over and Janna's wedding was just around the corner.