Loser, Whatever!

Continuing

I got up early the next day. There was going to be a brunch later on to say goodbye to Janna and Jered one last time before they left for their honeymoon. I picked up my familiar notebook, crept into the living room and continued the long-forgotten story.

'"When do you go?" Fran asked as she gripped Destry's hand.

"We can go now." He suggested.

"The sooner the better." Fran agreed.

They set off towards the East. After about fifteen minutes, the couple noticed a change.

"Did you feel that, or was it just me?" Fran nervously querried to Destry.

"No, I felt it too, why do you suppose that is?" He asked to no one in particular. The Amore Allineare had faded, ever so slightly, but slightly enough for both of them to notice.

"That is strange. What should we do?" Fran was getting worried now.

"I don't know. Maybe we should continue this way and see what happens." Destry tried. Fran looked duvious, but agreed.

They continued East for another two hours. Being vampires, they didn't need sleep and had an endless supply of energy. They could go all week if they needed to. Something told Fran that they might need to, Destry had told her that The Space Between was several times the size of Earth. And it took a full day to go halfway around the World in a plane. The Amore Allineare relaxed slowly as they travelled further and further away.

"How long do you think this will take?" She asked. She felt like a child asking 'are we there yet?' on a road trip.

"I have no idea. We're travelling pretty fast, have you noticed the speed?" He asked. Fran hadn't. She had been lost in her own thoughts and concentrating on the mystery of the Amore Allineare. Now that she looked around, she noticed the scenery zipping past her. They must have been travelling very fast.

"Whoa, that's so weird! How does that work?" She was still curious about many of the vampire traits.

"It helps when Earth vampires need to hunt." He mumbled. "The traits are the same in The Space Between, but you don't need them as much."

"Wait a second!" Fran had just remembered something, "didn't you say you were the Keeper of The Space Between when we first met?"

"That is true." He stated, unaware of where this was going.

"Then shouldn't you know where this place is that takes us back to Earth?" She asked enthusiastically.

"Believe me, there are many secrets of The Space Between. Keepers before me still haven't unravelled all of them. No one knows everything. If I knew where this place was, if it even exists, I would have us there in a heartbeat. But I don't, so we'll have to try." He explained. Fran's shoulders slumped, but she didn't give up hope.

"How do you suppose it'll be like to get back to being human?" She asked after another few hours. The Amore Allineare continued to fade as the minutes passed.

"Well, the Amore Allineare will definitely be completely gone. I'll miss that." He smiled.

Something clicked in Fran's head.

"Wait, that's it! Human's don't have Amore Allineare, right?" She asked excitedly.

"I suppose not." Destry answered cautiously.

"So the closer we get to being human, the more we lose of the Amore Allineare!" She practically screamed. Destry understood.

"Fran, that's genius! I can't believe I didn't think of that myself! I guess we're headed in the right direction then." His smile was wide as he came to a stop and pulled Fran into his arms.

"Wait, did you feel that?" He whispered into her hair. The feeling in the pit of their stomachs just got stronger.

"Oh no! Now what do we do?" She asked.

"I think it means we've gone as far East as we need to. We need to turn North or South." He was getting excited now.

"Well, let's try North first, then if it keeps getting stronger, we turn around." Fran suggested. Destry agreed and they headed towards the North.'

I sighed and placed the notebook back down. Oliver would be pleased that I had some progress on the story done. I hoped he liked the way it was going. I already had an ending in mind, I just needed to figure out some way to get there.

I headed back upstairs to dress for the day. I picked out a light blue sundress. Janna would be entitled to wear white. My turn will come.

The thought of my approaching wedding made my stomach flutter. This was where the idea of Amore Allineare had come from. I love that feeling. I wish it was real. I headed back down to the kitchen.

I heard footsteps on the stairs as I started pulling out milk and bowls and Idina appeared.

"Wow, how long have you been up for?" She asked, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

"About half an hour." I answered.

"Are you an early riser or something?" She asked. I laughed.

"Not normally. I couldn't sleep last night." I replied.

"Right. I suppose you'll be getting married next then." She half stated, half asked.

"That's the plan." I answered tentatively. "What about you, do you have someone special in your life?"

"Not really. I'm more independant. I've had a few boyfriends, but I feel that I don't really need the companionship." She explained.

"I see. Well, I guess marriage isn't for everyone." I shrugged my shoulders, "Do you want some toast?" I gestured to the toaster.

"Sure, when I'm up, I'm up and I'm hungry." I laughed. I was beginning to like Idina.

"So, have you thought much about your wedding?" She asked after we were settled in with toast and jam.

"Not really. I want to do something outdoors. It'll be in the fall." I explained.

"What about Oliver?" She asked. I had to think about that one.

"I really don't know. He just keeps saying that as long as I'm happy, he is." I said.

"That's sweet. I love weddings!" Idina replied with a sigh. There were footsteos on the stairs again and Kristen appeared.

"You hungry?" I asked, poising myself at the toaster, armed with a piece of bread.

"Sure." She answered in a scatchy voice.

"You slept late." Indina commented. It was already noon.

"And you guys didn't? We were up really late last night, or rather, this morning." She replied.

"I couldn't sleep." I explained.

"I was hungry." Idina answered.

"We should hurry, this thing starts in half an hour." Kristen looked at the clock. I went back upstairs to clean up a bit. Teeth brush, hair brush, a little make-up and I was ready to go.