Loser, Whatever!

Seventy-seven

I woke the next morning and was totally unaware as to where I was. Then I felt the warm arms around my waist and I relaxed.

Right, I was at Oliver's house and I had met his parents last night. I didn't open my eyes, I guess I was afraid that if I opened them, I would wake up and this would all be a dream. Still, how could I imagine this very real feeling arms wrapped so protectively around me? I felt hot air breathing against my neck. Very real feeling. Was he awake too?

I opened my eyes and twisted ever so gently so I was facing him. He was still asleep, snoring ever so slightly. I blushed. I knew I snored, though a bit louder than that! I didn't want to get up, but my stomach growled and I really had to go to the washroom.

I gently tried to pry his arms loose, but they wouldn't budge. Curse those Quidditch muscles! He stirred and I was very still. I didn't want to wake him! Too late. His eyelids fluttered open.

"Why the guilty face?" He asked in a groggy voice as he rubbed his eyes with a smirk.

"I just woke you up. Aren't you mad?" I smiled.

"No. I missed you." He said and pulled his arms tighter around me.

"Why? I was here the entire time." I reminded him.

"Oh." Was all he had to say, "Are you sure you don't want to get married sooner?"

"Uh, yes. Why?" Why was he being so confusing? He laughed.

"You just spent the night here and I spent the night before at your house. Don't you think we're going to be a little hard to detach?" He explained.

"I think I can live..." I calculated quick in my mind, "Seventy-seven days." Once I said it, it seemed like a long time.

He sighed and relaxed back into the couch, never ceasing his grip against my body.

"Can you let me go? I need to pee." I felt the need to ask.

"No." He replied simply as he gazed into my eyes. For a moment I was lost in his beautiful face. Why did anyone have the right to be so perfect? And how could I deserve him?

"How can you be so strong? You're a freak of nature!" I laughed. Thankfully, he chuckled back.

"It comes in handy. Like at the wedding." He reminded me. I knew this conversation sounded sort of familiar. I thought I might have dreamed it before, "And now."

"Yes, but I'm going to wet myself if you don't let me go!" The feeling of really having to go to the toilet was back and I struggled against his firm grip.

"Alright, alright! I'll meet you in the kitchen." He let me go and I raced back upstairs to where I knew I saw a bathroom when we came in last night. When I was finished, it regustered to me what he had said.

I walked quickly out of the washroom as soon as I had washed my hands, and headed for the kitchen. He couldn't be serious about going back in there, was he? Nope, dead serious. There he was.

"What are you doing?" I exclaimed in mock horror.

"Fixing our breakfast." He answered innocently. He was indeed putting weird circle shaped things into a toaster, "Don't worry, I know how to work this."

"What are those?" I asked when he successfully popped them down and I approved of the temperature setting.

"Toaster waffles." He replied. I laughed.

"Toaster waffles? Really? I've never heard of those before. So you just cook them in the toaster, is that what's supposed to happen?"

"Yeah, that's why they're called 'toaster waffles.'" He chuckled back at me.

"Huh. Weird." I said, "Is there anything I can do? Where are the plates?" I started rushing around the large kitchen and opening cupboards at random to find dishes.

"Easy there, love. I've got it covered. This is my house after all." He placed his hand once again around my waist and pulled me back. This time, he let me go and sat me in a very comfortable chair at a table before opening the correct cupboards and placing the plates and cuttlery in fornt of me and his spot. Then, he opened the fridge and placed the maple syrup and butter in between us. The toaster popped again and he put the two very nicely done waffles on a plate and placed some still frozen ones in the toaster.

"So, is it really only seventy-seven days until our wedding?" He asked while drowning his waffle in syrup. I reached for the butter and spread some on my waffle.

"Um... I think that's right." I said, re-calculating in my head. "Yeah, that's right. Not including today."

"And you still haven't bought your wedding dress?" He contorted his face into a look of shock.

"How do you know that? I could have gotten it while I was still in Kent." I pointed out.

"Yeah, but you were busy studying for exams. You're such a lousy liar.' He grinned.

"I didn't say I did have a dress, I just said I 'could have' gotten a dress." I reminded him.

"True. But we need to fix that problem." He got to the point.

"I guess that would make sense." I smiled. We heard the click and thud as the delivery owl delivered the morning paper.

"I'll get it." Oliver got up to get the paper. I listened as he took the necesary steps to the front hall. Then it was silent. Silent for too long.

"Is everything alright?" I called to him. The footsteps came again and a very white-faced Oliver appeared in the kitchen, a slight grin on his face. "What's going on?"

He placed the paper in front of me. The front page was mainly a puciture of myslef and Oliver kssing at the match yesterday. My hand was on his cheek and there was a circle around the third finger with a blow-up on the ring I now wore next to it. The picture was captioned, 'Engaged?'

I felt my mouth drop as I stared at the picture. We had wanted to keep this a secret! I scanned through the article at the bottom of the page. Phew! Nothing about location of the wedding or date. So we were safe. For now. But still, as far as I knew, my father still subscibed to this very newspaper...

"Um, Oliver?" I asked, snaping out of my reverie.

"Yes?"

"This isn't good." I managed to get out.

"Why not?" Now he looked confused.

"My father will definitely see this, and we sort of wanted to keep this a secret!" I said a little more clearly.

"Oh, I see your point."

The click and thud started again. This time, I knew it was feedback from readers.