Loser, Whatever!

Unconditional

I woke up the next morning with my nose plugged up from all the crying the night before. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. The I grabbed a kleenex and blew most of my nose clear.

What was going ot happen next? I didn't want to go back to Oliver after he had hurt me like that. So he was basically just using me. But then why did he stick around for so long? Why was he so happy to see me again just a few weeks ago? He could have easily found someone else.

It was cooler this morning, so I put a hoodie on before I headed downstairs for breakfast. As I walked into the living room, a strange sight met my eyes.

There were letters all over the dining room table and red heart-shaped boxes. I opened a box, it was full of tiny chocolates. Mezmerized, I pulled the closest letter open and read it.

'Dearest Bridgette,

I Am truly sorry for what happened last night. It wasn't very nice of me to lose my temper over something like that. I've been a little on the rough side since the accident. Not being able to play Quidditch hasn't been doing me any good. I needed to let all my energy out on something, and I'm sorry it had to be you.

I hope you'll still talk to me after this. I miss you so much already and I don't want that fight to be the reason we stop seeing each other and call off the wedding. I honestly want to get married, and I am in love with you enough to wait until our wedding night. That is, if you'll still have me.

Love you and miss you unbelieveably,

Oliver.'

Ah, the Quidditch deficit. I knew something would become of that. It made a little sense, but I still had difficulty trusting the words on this paper.

All the other letters said pretty much the same thing, but with different wording. I helped myself to a lwhite chocolate from the box I had opened. Mmm, toffee pieces. He remembered my favorite!

He did care. He cared enough to send me all these candies and letters before I had even woken up. One box contained a single white rose, he knew I couldn't stand red ones. I filled a cup with water and placed the flower inside.

Meanwhile, an intense debate was going on inside my head.

'He sent you all this stuff! Of course he still cares!'

'He's just smart, that's all. He still wants the same thing as last night.'

'Of course he wants the same thing as last night, and you do too, but he said he loved you enough to wait.'

'He's still the same sex-crazed moron as last night, who says he actually will wait?'

'He loves you, that's why he went into that depression when you broke up. Imagine what it's going to be like now that you're engaged.'

'See how obsessive he is?'

'Remember what he said last night? About him waiting for someone like you his entire life, then when you were in it, he spent the past one and a half years waiting for you to come back. He cares, he really does.'

In the end, the first voice won and I decided to change then go over to his house. I worked it out in my mind what I would say. I imagined that he would probably still be asleep, so I would knock, out or courtesy, then walk in and wait for him to wake up downstairs.

I changed out of my pyjamas into a white and green striped t-shirt and and faded jean shorts. Then I slipped my flip flops on and walked outside. I apparated about a kilometer away from Oilver's house. I still didn't feel prepared for what I was about to do, and the fresh air would do me lots of good. I needed more time to sort out my thoughts.

I did remember what he said last night, and, if he was just talking about waiting instead of having sex, I would have stayed. It was honestly the most romantic thing anyone had ever said to me in my life. Sure, he was probably the only person who had ever told me he loved me before, but that was special.

Last night was tough. But that was because I thought he was just using me to get what he wanted. I had forgotten we were engaged and had already made the commitment to each other. Well, not yet, but we were ready to. The ring that was still positioned on my left ring finger was proof of that.

I came to the conclusion that he loved me. It was as simple as that. And I loved him too, more than absolutely anything on this planet and I wasn't ready to give him up for something like a stupid fight.

By now I could see his house in the distance and I suddenly couldn't wait to see him again. I quickened my pace and within two minutes, I was there.

I knocked on the door, than placed my hand on the handle to let myself in, but it was opened before I could do so.

He looked awful. He hadn't shaved yet today and his hair was all messed up. He was wearing the same clothes as last night, but they were twisted, as if he had wrung the cloth between his fists. His eyes were bloodshot and there were purple bags underneath them. The lit up when he saw who was on his doorstep.

"You came back." He said simply, but cautiously, almost like he was afraid I was going to freak out on him.

"Of course I did, I love you." I replied and threw my arms around his neck. He let the smile on his lips surface and I slammed my lips against his. He picked me up as he responded with such force that my knees went weak.

We knew now that we were meant for each other and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Not my father, or any other family member and definitely not some silly fight that was all behind us now.

The next two months were agony, but we made it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?