Loser, Whatever!

Fran's Story

It wasn't like I actually liked him as more than an international Quidditch player. I'm just like any other fan. But was he treating me like any other fan? Probably, who knew how many other people he had on his MSN list? But he had found my address. That's weird.

I didn't feel like sorting out my thoughts right then. So instead I got my pizza out of the oven and took it to my room. I pulled my notebook out again, feeling inspired, and started to write.

'Fran was scared stiff as the mysterious boy led her out of her own house and into a dark corner of the backyard.

"I'll explain a few things before we go." He said finally.

"Go? Where?" Fran was anxious now, she would have to leave? What about her family?

"You're worried, I can tell." Creeper, Fran thought, "Your family will be in a fatal car accident on their way home this afternoon. Your father will be pronounced dead at the scene and your mother and brothers will pass on later on tonight in the hospital."

"What?! How do you know?" Fran was freaking out.

"I can't tell you yet, but you'll find out."

"Well if you're so sure, then let's go stop it from happening!" Fran was already halfway across the yard. The boy caught up to her quickly, took her by the arm and pulled her back to the corner.

"There's nothing we can do." He explained solemnly.

"What do you mean, there's nothing we can do? You just said they were going to be in an accident! This is my family we're talking!" Fran was close to tears.

"You can't fool around with fate, Fran." He stared her in the eye and she collapsed to the ground in tears and buried her face in her hands.

"Can I at least see my mom and brother one last time?" She begged.

"I'm sorry, Fran, but we really have to go. It's not safe for you here anymore." He repeated.

"Why? Why isn't it safe for me here?" Fran asked hysterically.

"I've told you, I can't tell you now. We need to go." The boy remained calm throughout this entire ordeal, "Now give me your hand."

Sobbing, Fran got up from the ground and reluctantly held her hand out to the boy. She couldn't look at him. He took her hand and a moment later Fran felt that strange sensation you feel when you go down a steep hill on a roller coaster. When it was gone, the familiar backyard was nowhere in sight.'