Loser, Whatever!

Complications

Janna slept over at my house the night before the wedding. She had never stopped glowing from the moment she married Jered. Mrs Wood came over the morning of to help get stuff ready.

"I really appreciate this you guys." I said as Janna combed through my hair with her wand.

"It's no problem, Bridgette. It really isn't. YOu and Oliver deserve this after all you've been through.

"How is he, by the way?" I turned to Margot who had just come from her son's house.

"He's giddy." She replied after a moment's hesitation to find the right word. I chuckled. I was giddy too, but a thin layer of calm covered it.

To tell you the truth, it hadn't really sunk in that I was actually getting married after everything that had happened. The past two months had been relatively uneventful. Oliver and I and his parents spent most of it planning the wedding, fitting dresses and ordering food and decorations. Janna would be my only bridesmaid and Jered was going to be Oliver's Best Man. So it all worked out fine. Janna was wearing a nice chocolatey brown dress that went well with the changing leaves. Margot was wearing red, which also went well with the Autumn colours.

"How long do we have?" I had been asking that question every two minutes, so I basically already knew the answer, but still, I hoped it had changed.

"We ahve about an hour." Janna looked at the clock which was behind me. I could look at it because Janna was still doing my hair.

In the end, I had nice short ringlets and the veil was attached to a hairband. A short piece of it covered my face and the longer piece almost touched the ground behind me.

It was a little awkward getting into the dress with the apparatus on my head, but with Janna and Margot's help, it worked out fine.

"Oh, Bridgette! You look so gorgeous!" Margot gushed as Janna put the finishing touches on my make-up. There was a knock on the door. Margot ran downstairs to answer it. A few moments later, she came back up with another familiar face.

"Mom?" I was incredulous as my mother walked into my bedroom.

"Oh, Bridgette! I never dreamed this would ever happen to you! Did you think I was going to miss it?" She exclaimed as she tried her best to hug me without squishing the dress or messing up my hair and make-up.

"How did you know when it was?" I asked.

"Margot sent me an invitation." She explained.

"Oh." I answered. "Is anyone else here?"

"It's just me and Kurt, and he's sworn to secrecy. We'll tell your father once we can warm him up to the ides." She replied.

"Where's Kurt?"

"He's helping set up at the Woods'."

"Bridgette, we should go if we want to be there on time." Janna looked at the clock again.

"Okay, so how should we do this?" I asked as my mother left the room and disapparated.

"You should be fine to apparate, if anything happens, we'll fix it up." Janna answered.

"Okay, here goes." I said and, with great difficulty, managed to apparated an upstairs guest room at the Woods'. Janna and Margot appreaded a split second after me. The plan was for me to walk down the back staircase, which leads to the backyard. Then, I would walk down the aisle after Janna.

I felt a bit sad about my father not being here to escort me down the aisle, but I realized that if he was here, I probably wouldn't be getting married to Oliver.

"Look at me, Bridgette?" Janna called, armed with a make-up brush. She smudged some more blush and a tiny bit more eyeshadow on, then flipped my veil over my face. "Perfect."

I heard the music start from below, and my heart started beating twice as fast.

"Hic!"

"Tell me that wasn't what I thought it was." Janna threw an exasperated look at me.

"Hic!" I confirmed.

"You gave got to be kidding me!" She threw her arms skyward, and, with a flick of her wand, a glass of water appeared in her hand. She handed it to me. "Drink."

I drank. "Hic!"

"Ugh! It's too late now, we're supposed to be walked down the aisle! Just hold your breath or something." She commanded me. Margot had already disappeared. Janna started walking down the stairs, leaving me quite alone and very nervous.

"Hic!"

I waited until Janna was at the bottom of the staircase before I took a hold of the railing with one hand, my bouquet in the other, and started walking.

Once I reached the bottom, I took my bouquet in both hands and faced the alter as the ailse loomed in front of me.

"Hic!"

It took me a millisecond until I spotted Oliver, waiting slightly ahead of his parents and Jered, for me at the end. He was positively beaming from ear to ear.

"Hic!"

Luckily, the music was loud enough at this point so no one could hear me. I quickened my pace evr so slightly so no one would notice but me. I smiled back with all that I had as I reached Oliver and took the hand that he offered me. There was no doubt in the world that we were finally getting married, and things would soon be better.

"Hic!"

This time, the music had stopped and everyone heard. A chuckle ran through the audience and even Oliver laughed, but who could blame him? Instead of a blushing bride, he got a hiccoughing bride.

"Hic!"

The pastor laughed as he stood forward to start the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the joining of Oliver and Bridgette in the union of holy union of mariage. If there is anyone with any reason why these two should not beunited in holy matrimony, please speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I object!"

I knew the hiccoughs were gone then, as I turned to face the crowd for the source of the objected, horror written all over my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?