Loser, Whatever!

Your Guardian Angel

My father was standing up near the back row in the congregation of witnesses.

What was he doing here? Mom had said that he didn't know about this. He couldn't be here! Oliver and I were so close!

Oliver took my other hand in his and he held them tight. The pastor got up and led my dad inside. I never knew what happened if someone actually objected to a wedding, but from what I was seeing, they led them away for questioning.

Murmurs ran through the crowd and I still stood at the alter in shock as Oliver gripped my hands and Janna placed her hand on my back. Jered joined us now and had his hand on Oliver's shoulder.

"It's going to be okay, they can't break us up if he still has the same reason as last time." Oliver assured me as his thumbs rubbed against my hands.

"What's going to happen?" I whispered.

"It's going to be fine." Oliver repeated. "We're going to get married then get out of here."

"Your hiccoughs are gone." Janna pointed out somewhat feebly.

"Yeah, that's a good thing." I attempted a smile, but it didn't work the way I wanted it to.

"How did he even get here?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know. My mom and brother are here, but they said my dad didn't know." I searched the crowd for my mom and brother. They were in the aisle, trying to get to us. Mr and Mrs Wood were already standing behind Oliver and helping Jered support his shoulders. Oliver and I were having trouble keeping our balance.

My mom reached me and started fanning me with her program while apologizing over and over.

"It's okay, Mom. You had no idea this was going to happen." I assured her.

The pastor reappeared at the end of the aisle and marched back up to the alter. He whispered something to my mom and she hurried back down the aisle. Kurt placed his hand on my arm and smiled.

"It's going to be okay, Bridgette." He whispered to me. Then he went back to his seat with Mr and Mrs Wood. Janna and Jered still held their positions, afraid we were going to fall over.

"Mr Eisenberg does not have a legitimate reason for objection. The wedding will continue." The pastor announced.

I exhaled in relief as Oliver's face broke into the same exultant smile as before. He gave both my hands a squeeze as I smiled back.

"I told you it would work out." He whispered loud enough for only me to hear. I just smiled wider.

The pastor began his mini sermon, then Oliver, Janna, Jered and I signed the mariage certificate. Oliver and I exchanged our vows after that.

"I, Oliver Wood, take you Bridgette Eisenberg to be my wife, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live." He promised. I repeated the same thing, but with my name instead of his and 'husband' insead of 'wife.

Then came the moment we had all been waiting for.

"Do you, Oliver Wood, take Bridgette Eisenberg, to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do." Oliver grinned even bigger if possible as he took my engagement ring off, slipped the wedding ring on, then put the engagement ring back on top.

"Do you, Bridgette Eisenberg, take Oliver Wood, to be you lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do you part?"

I was crying, but I didn't notice until my voice came out all shaky.

"I do." With shaking fingers, I managed to place Oliver's ring on his finger. I couldn't believe this was actually happening. After everything that had happened.

"By the power vested in me by the Province of Scotland, I now pronounce you husband and wife." He turned to Oliver. "You may now kiss your bride."

Oliver let go of my hands to lift the veil from my triumphant face, take me once again in his arms and kiss me gently, yet exultantly. We had finally done it. We made it in one piece more or less.

"I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Oliver and Bridgette Wood." The pastor said as the audience applauded. Oliver offered me his arm and I looped mine through his as he led me back up the aisle. The guests blew bubbles at us as we laughed. Janna and Jered came down after us and we assembled ourselves in a recieving line to shake everyone's hands.

The pastor waved his wand and the backyard turned into a dance floor with tables and chairs around it once we had shaken everyone's hand. We sat down for dinner.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please give a round of applause for Oliver and Bridgette Wood, who are now going to share they're first dance as husband and wife." Janna announced at the podium after dinner. The guests all clapped as Oliver led me out to the dance floor.

He had told me that he wanted to decide the wedding song and I still didn't know which one he picked. But I recognized it at once as the guitar started and he began to twirl me around the dance floor. It was 'Your Guardian Angel' by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. I felt fresh tears in my eyes as I held his tighter and clung to his strong figure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the end... YET!
Comments?