Loser, Whatever!

Ending

"You know what?" Oliver whispered into my ear as we twirled around the dance floor.

"What?" I asked.

"When you came down that aisle, you were as clear as anything." He informed me. I lifted my head up to look at his face.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Dead serious." He confirmed.

"That is so great! You can go back to playing Quidditch!" I exclaimed.

"That's the plan. I have to support my wife somehow." He smiled. My heart jumped when he called me his wife. It had actually happened!

The song ended and Oliver led me back to our seats as more upbeat songs came on and the guests started dancing. Normally, there would have been a father-daughter dance, but we all knew why that wasn't possible for this wedding. By now my mother had returned and Oliver asked her to dance and I danced with my new father-in-law.

"The bride and groom will now cut their wedding cake!" Janna announced as the cake was levitated into the room by Jered. He placed it on a table and Oliver helped me up and led me to the table where he picked up a crystal-handled knife.

I placed my hand on top of his and, together, we managed to get two slices out. he picked one up and hand-fed me like a baby and I did the same to him after amid thousands of camera flashes.

After about an hour, I managed to escape to the bathroom to finish the last installment in my story.

'Fran woke up with a start as if she had been electrocuted. She was in her old bed in her old room.

He sat up and looked around. Everything was the same as it had been when she left. Exactly the same. She got up and headed downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Mom?" She called. Where was everyone? No one was around. Unless they had left early. The clock read 9:30.

After breakfast, she headed back to her room to get some clean clothes on. Then she went outside for some fresh air.

She didn't know where she was going, she just let her feet take her wherever they wanted to go. She found herself in the park that she had been in on that day she met Destry.

Destry. Was it all just a dream? It seemed to vivid to be a dream, but that was the thing with dreams. You always wished they were real. But usually you would forget them within minutes. This one stayed with Fran and was on her mind for the entire walk.

She got on the bike path and stuck her hands into her pockets as she walked. There were benches on either side of the path, but she didn't pay much attention to them as she walked by.

"Fran?" Someone called. She barely registered the dark figure of a boy as she walked past a bench, but didn't pay much attention to him until he cried out. Fran wheeled to face him.

"Destry!" She exclaimed and ran into his wating arms.

His lips found hers and she kissed him with all that she had.'

I sat back and reread the entire story from the beginning. I never believed I could write something like that. But here it was. Oliver would be pleased.

I hoped no one would notice the absence of the bride, however, the groom was looking around the room as I entered it again.

"Where were you?" He asked, but smiled as he saw the nervousness on my face.

"Finishing my story." I answered.

"You mean it's done?" He asked, taking my hand and noting the notebook under my arm.

"Yep." I confirmed.

"Can I..."

"If all the young women would gather on the dance floor, the bride will now thorw her bouquet!" Janna interrupted quite a bit louder. I let go of Oliver's hand and stepped out onto the dance floor.

"Just stand right here, Bridgette, and throw the bouquet behind you." Janna instructed me as the ladies gathered behind me.

I threw it and a relative of Oliver's I didn't recognize caught it.

"Now would all the un-married men gather for the garter." Jered announced. I sat back down as Oliver burried himself under my dress as he retrieved the garter with a squeeze on my thigh. I yelped and everyone laughed. Oliver emerged with a smile on his face and the garter in his hand.

"You work it like an elastic band, Oliver." Jered explained. "Just attach one end to your thumb and launch it into the crowd."

Oliver did as he was told and to my surprise, Kurt caught it.

"Mr and Mrs Wood will now share one last dance before they leave for their wedding night." Janna announced. Oliver came back and led me back to the dance floor.

The music started and we twirled and spun slowly.

It had really and honestly happened. The day I had been waiting for since we broke up and the day, according to Oliver, he had been waiting for since he met me.

I rested my head on his shoulder again. I could feel his heart beating. He wrapped his arm tighter around my waist and clenched my hand tighter.

The song ended and our family and friends formed an arch that led to the front gate.

"You ready?" Oliver asked as he squeezed my hand.

"Whenever you are." I said.

He started down the arch and I followed him, as I most likely would for the rest of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Please see my journal for possible other story ideas!!