Loser, Whatever!

Game

The next day was Sunday and I slept late. It was also a Puddlemere United game. They play the Appleby Arrows at 3:00 in Puddlemere.

I didn't get out of bed until noon. My family was home, and I didn't really feel like seeing them, so I turned on my computer and logged on to MSN instead.
As soon as I was successfully logged on, I received an instant message.

Oliver says:
Hey!

Erg! Why did my palms just get so sweaty?

Bridgette says:
Hey, how's it going?

Oliver says:
Not too bad, yourself?

Okay, pretty normal so far.

Bridgette says:
Pretty good actually, considering I just got out of bed.

Oliver says:
lol, so what are you up to this afternoon?

He couldn't be trying to ask me out! He had a game! But still, I was curious.

Bridgette says:
Nothing, as far as I'm concerned. Why?

Oliver says:
Well, I happen to have in my hot little hands, two tickets for the game this afternoon.

He knew my weakness!

Bridgette says:
Are you kidding me?

Oliver says:
Nope, you wanna come? With a friend, of course.

Bridgette says:
Of course I want to come! Hold on, I'll ask

I ran to the kitchen where I found my parents and brother.

"Good morning, Bridge." My dad said. They were all in the middle of lunch. I sat at my chair and found a sandwich on my place mat. I bit into it. Mmm, peanut butter.

"Hey, Mom?" I started tentatively.

"Yes, dear?" She replied, not looking up from the magazine she was reading.

"Can I go to a Puddlemere game this afternoon?"

That got her attention.

"Oh, honey. You know we don't have the money to get those kind of tickets!" She said, sounding genuinely sad.

"Well, that's the thing, I've already got tickets!" I said. She looked surprised, by this time, my father and brother had looked up as well.

"How did you get tickets?" My Dad took over.

"This is going to sound hard to believe, but Oliver Wood stopped by yesterday and he just sent me an owl telling me he has two extra tickets for the game this afternoon." I explained. They didn't necesarily know I had a computer. All of their mouths dropped open.

"Well, I guess it's alright with me if Dad goes along and you get me an autograph." Mom agreed.

"Thanks, Mom!" I said, then hurried back to my room to let Oliver know.

"No fair! I want to go!" I heard Kurt yell at my wonderful parents. I'll let them work that out.

Bridgette says:
I can go!

Oliver says:
Awesome! I'll leave the tickets at the box office under Bridgette. I need to go to practice now, but I'll find you after the game.

Bridgette says:
Sweet, ttyl.

Oliver has signed out.

Maybe Oliver wasn't as creepy as I'd thought after all.